GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"max payne good or not?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/04/02 at 19:12
Regular
is max payne on the x-box good or not, thanks.
Wed 17/04/02 at 14:16
Regular
I'm currently up to CHAPTER 3 on Max Payne (Xbox version obviously) and I think it is superb.
Cool story, looks great, meaty gameplay, and the the "bullet time" is just as addictive as hell!
I'd recommend it.
At the moment it's keeping me off playing Halo.
Sat 13/04/02 at 20:23
beanz wrote:
> MetalGear2King wrote:
> I own it on PS2 but I have completed it 3 times and it is a bit
> diasappionting on the graphics side, the rest of the game is
> amazing,
> I am selling my PS2 for an X-BOX so I acn get this game along with
> Halo!
>
>
> aren't you a die hard ps2 fan??

I likw my PS2 but the X-BOX looks better and I beleive has a brighter future, lets just hope.
Sat 13/04/02 at 19:03
Regular
"accidental superher"
MetalGear2King wrote:
> I own it on PS2 but I have completed it 3 times and it is a bit
> diasappionting on the graphics side, the rest of the game is amazing,
> I am selling my PS2 for an X-BOX so I acn get this game along with
> Halo!

aren't you a die hard ps2 fan??
Sat 13/04/02 at 18:45
I own it on PS2 but I have completed it 3 times and it is a bit diasappionting on the graphics side, the rest of the game is amazing, I am selling my PS2 for an X-BOX so I acn get this game along with Halo!
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:59
I would recommend Max Payne; it's definitely worth buying. It was one of the first games I got for my X Box (along with Halo: Combat Evolved of course) I have played it on the Playstation 2 and it is a lot better when it is played on the X Box. It jsu t does not work very well with the Playstaion 2 but plays really well with the X Boxes graphics and other hard ware.
Sat 13/04/02 at 13:23
Regular
"accidental superher"
i played it on a pc as well on quite a high spec and it was better than the ps2 version
Sat 13/04/02 at 13:01
Regular
beanz wrote:
> i'd take off two marks cos firstly it looks okay but not amazing...
> second -those bloody mazey jumpey bits

The PS2 version is supposed to far inferior to the Xbox and Pc versions.
Sat 13/04/02 at 10:37
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'd take off two marks cos firstly it looks okay but not amazing...
second -those bloody mazey jumpey bits
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:46
Regular
"Brrrrr."
10 out of 10. One of the best! Imagine shooting someone (in a pc game of course!) with the coolest weapons you can get hold of. Then put realistic graphics and sound in. And then do it in slo-mo. It's THAT cool!
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:35
Regular
"accidental superher"
max payne is slightly short in my opinion and there are these platform bits which will drive you ABSOLUTELY insane! i played the ps2 version (not xbox one) and that one was fine on the whole

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.