GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"max payne good or not?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 12/04/02 at 19:12
Regular
is max payne on the x-box good or not, thanks.
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:12
is max payne on the x-box good or not, thanks.
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yep, better than the PS2 version and probably the same as or better than the PC version. Max Paynes been getting quite high scores(9s and 8s) from the Xbox mags.
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:18
Regular
Max Payne is one of the first games I'm buying when I get my Xbox.
It's meant to far, far superior to the ropey slowdown-infested PS2 version.
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:35
Regular
"accidental superher"
max payne is slightly short in my opinion and there are these platform bits which will drive you ABSOLUTELY insane! i played the ps2 version (not xbox one) and that one was fine on the whole
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:46
Regular
"Brrrrr."
10 out of 10. One of the best! Imagine shooting someone (in a pc game of course!) with the coolest weapons you can get hold of. Then put realistic graphics and sound in. And then do it in slo-mo. It's THAT cool!
Sat 13/04/02 at 10:37
Regular
"accidental superher"
i'd take off two marks cos firstly it looks okay but not amazing...
second -those bloody mazey jumpey bits
Sat 13/04/02 at 13:01
Regular
beanz wrote:
> i'd take off two marks cos firstly it looks okay but not amazing...
> second -those bloody mazey jumpey bits

The PS2 version is supposed to far inferior to the Xbox and Pc versions.
Sat 13/04/02 at 13:23
Regular
"accidental superher"
i played it on a pc as well on quite a high spec and it was better than the ps2 version
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:59
I would recommend Max Payne; it's definitely worth buying. It was one of the first games I got for my X Box (along with Halo: Combat Evolved of course) I have played it on the Playstation 2 and it is a lot better when it is played on the X Box. It jsu t does not work very well with the Playstaion 2 but plays really well with the X Boxes graphics and other hard ware.
Sat 13/04/02 at 18:45
I own it on PS2 but I have completed it 3 times and it is a bit diasappionting on the graphics side, the rest of the game is amazing, I am selling my PS2 for an X-BOX so I acn get this game along with Halo!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.