GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Internet Explorer 8"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/07 at 21:47
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just a quick post to note that Internet Explorer 8 has been formally announced, and seems to be pretty up to date in terms of CSS ( Acid 2 ). No release date yet, but a BETA is expected in a couple of months.
Tue 11/03/08 at 12:11
"Are you sure?"
Digitrader wrote:
> ok :) new PC up and running WOW its good - windows live and
> Windows mail are not the same windows mail that comes with Vista
> is really good and much like OE windows live is like what you get
> with Hotmail I beleive (so my son tells me.
>
> Digi

Actually...

Windows Live is different to Windows Live Mail which is different to Windows Mail and of course Windows Live Hotmail !!!

Right that's as clear as mud...
I think MS may be using too many 'Lives' myself...

I prefer Outlook, which has a decent calendar, notes and backup solution.
Search Freeola Chat
Tue 11/03/08 at 11:53
Regular
ok :) new PC up and running WOW its good - windows live and Windows mail are not the same windows mail that comes with Vista is really good and much like OE windows live is like what you get with Hotmail I beleive (so my son tells me.

Digi
Sun 09/03/08 at 15:23
Regular
Oh no a dont like how it has all the email accounts at the left hand side of the screen and no apparent way to hide them, my son who uses it says its not like that on his PC but his PC came with it all pre installed and appears to have more options than this version that I downloaded, other that that its very much the same as OE better for spelling etc many improvements - one feature that they have never grasped is the ability to change the wording on the read receipts - i mean if they can make it send a receipt why cant they allow the customer to personalise it.

Digi
Sun 09/03/08 at 13:01
Regular
I see OK well am downloading it now so I can have a couple of days to get used to it! It installs a few extras along with it like messenger and a toolbar and a photo thingy!! will report back on progress cheers
Digi
Sun 09/03/08 at 10:49
"Are you sure?"
Hi Digi,
You don't have to have Vista to run Windows Live Mail
Follow the link for more info etc.

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 09/03/08 at 10:10
Regular
I have never seen or tried windows live mail, new PC is not here yet :( whats special about Live mail any tips as I use OE at the moment on XP

Digi
Sat 08/03/08 at 15:41
"Are you sure?"
Windows Live Mail - seems very similar to Outlook Express to me (not that I use either of them).

Live Mail has the added bonus of some spam/junk filtering.
I can't see why an OE user wouldn't feel right at home with Live Mail as it's very similar just as bit better!

Unless you've noticed other things...

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 08/03/08 at 15:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:
> Digitrader wrote:
> do they never update outlook Express?
>
> Not anymore. They replaced it with Windows Live Mail.

I've recently had experience of Live Mail on a client's machine and the jury is still out!

There are many 'users' who depend on Outlook Express...love it and are used to it.
Fri 07/03/08 at 09:42
"Are you sure?"
IE8 is still BETA (not live) so your new PC will come with IE7 pre-installed.

Unless you really want to experiment I would suggest you wait for IE8 to be officially released before you think about running it.

Running a BETA product can effect things when the final version is released - as IE7 users found when they had been running BETA versions.

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 07/03/08 at 09:20
Regular
So is IE8 already installed on Vista or will I need to upgrade it?

Digi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.