GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/12/07 at 21:44
"keep a rockin'"
What do you do for a living ?
Fri 21/12/07 at 01:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
spoonbeast wrote:
Popular ones are maths
> stats and critcal verbal reasoning. Both which i dispise and do
> poorly in.

So practise. Really, as for maths/stats, unless they're asking you to do something in the same order of difficulty as integrating complex functions then I'm quite sure after a week or two practising you'd a) start to see improvements and more importantly, b) feel more confident taking them.
Thu 20/12/07 at 15:29
Regular
"eat toast!"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> I've never sat an aptitude test (yet) so maybe I'm wrong but
> can't you get practice stuff for them? I mean "test of
> intelligence" or not, tests are like anything else, the
> more you practise the better you get.

you can, however, the IT ones are far more complex. Frequently they like to choose the hardest ones. In most cases its coding as if you're learning a proper language. Popular ones are maths stats and critcal verbal reasoning. Both which i dispise and do poorly in.
Thu 20/12/07 at 14:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Silky Dj wrote:
> Mate. Using CD decks are not as easy as you think...
> I would love to hear you mixing from one tune to the next
> without spotting a difference in tempo or difference in when the
> beat kicks.

To be honest, I wasn't too bothered... and anyway, a lot of what I played was on one CD, so I just left songs to end and run in to each other. Wrathchild followed by Piece by Piece, better to let the music speak for itself I reckon!

> And if you think the biggest dj's in the world just stand in
> front of some cd players and press the jet effect button your
> wrong.

Of course they don't, I've just done half-hour sets at Uni events and been surprised at how easy it can be on those. And bear in mind, I was playing a Metal set, so it's more than a little different to what those guys do... and I don't think people would appreciate someone messing around with a classic like Peace Sells too much! I've no interest in dance music etc so aside from knowing that DJs put a lot into what they're doing, I'm not bothered.

And Eluveitie sound pretty damn good. I do wonder who will support Turisas... hopefully another bunch of Viking/Folk nutters X^D
Thu 20/12/07 at 14:03
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
El Viking wrote:
> Also, Moose, you listen to Turisas? As I'm seeing them in March.
> Probably wearing warpaint.

BATTLE METAL!

Check out Eluveitie if you haven't.
Thu 20/12/07 at 13:23
"keep a rockin'"
El Viking wrote:
>
> Even I've DJ'ed, it's not that difficult... well, with those CD
> deck things it's bloody easy. Iced Earth + jet effect = success.

Mate. Using CD decks are not as easy as you think...
I would love to hear you mixing from one tune to the next without spotting a difference in tempo or difference in when the beat kicks.
Plus i must say i don't use CD decks as i still use my turntables which is much harder as there is no auto cue, loop , master tempo etc on them
And if you think the biggest dj's in the world just stand in front of some cd players and press the jet effect button your wrong.
Thu 20/12/07 at 11:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Oh come on, they're not so bad. With the exception of When the Eagle Cries. That's the worst kind of American patriotism possible.

Also, Moose, you listen to Turisas? As I'm seeing them in March. Probably wearing warpaint.
Thu 20/12/07 at 02:49
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
And
Iced Earth + Anything = Fail :P
Iced Earth - Iced Earth = Success
Thu 20/12/07 at 02:48
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've never sat an aptitude test (yet) so maybe I'm wrong but can't you get practice stuff for them? I mean "test of intelligence" or not, tests are like anything else, the more you practise the better you get.
Wed 19/12/07 at 23:26
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Silky Dj wrote:
> But also Dj at friends birthdays and partys

Even I've DJ'ed, it's not that difficult... well, with those CD deck things it's bloody easy. Iced Earth + jet effect = success.
Wed 19/12/07 at 22:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
Very_Metal wrote:
> not at all sir, remember how many graduates flood the market each
> year, you may have to take something less than awesome to tick
> over, but keep applying for stuff you actually WANT to do.
>
> it was about 9 months for me between graduating and getting the
> job i wanted, during which time i just did little freelance bits
> and pieces to boost my portfolio/cv, it didn`t pay very well, but
> it was on the right path.

I have taken the odd job here and there and gaining IT experience and soft skills like customer awareness, communication and office skills, but it still pains me that whilst i do well in the interview, presentation and team skills, i fall flat on my face when it comes to apitude tests.

Take one with portait software, decent interview, presentation and team skills (they gave credit) apitude test. i only got a 3rd of the questions right (10/30) most of those in the first section.

IBM initial screening online apatitude test, fail.

It gets immensely demoralising and not to mention humilitating. Especially when i admit that i'm not the smartest person in the world, i merely compensate by working immensely hard and know a lot. Sadly they don't see that as an aptitude skill and thats my pit fall.

A another concern, i don't see work of any kind "fun". IT based career because i see it was the way forward. TBH i do work because:

A) It has to be done
B) money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.