GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oook! - more Steve Ballmer madness"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 14:01
Regular
Hopefully, a few of you will remember the news story we did last Summer about Microsoft President Steve Ballmer. For those of you that missed the original:
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1083

Soon after, we got another video of Ballmer breaking into a speech to repeat the words "Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers" like some crazed sweaty loon. Me and Snuggles became addicted to the cult of Ballmer and haven't stopped laughing since.

But now some evil genius out there has taken the obsession to the next stage and created 'Ballmerfunk', possibly the funniest music video ever. So for all 'monkey boy' fans out there, here's a real treat:
http://homepage.mac.com/jcarusone/iMovieTheater2.html
Wed 29/07/15 at 18:39
Things noticed so far :-

1. Altered the date format from DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY
2. Turned off anti-virus
3. Turned off Windows Defender
4. It reset all security settings, so remote mapped drives which were previously accessible in programs all of a sudden reverted to not being visible.
5. Mapped drives that are visible seem to be mapped wrongly. You need to disconnect and reconnect. In our case our Q: drive is mapped to \Mercurypublic and this had changed to \Mercury
6. If you automatically logged on to Windows 7 then it removes your password in 10 and you have to go into CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and put it back.

Will add anything else noticed.
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:52
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> The original video I watched was kinda crap quality. Nothing to you
> guys, it's just my computer can't stream, at all.
>
> So no, unfortunatly.
>
> And by the way, if you were wondering what the lyrics were to that
> fantastic song, they're available here:
>
> http://www.digitaldroo.com/monkeydevelopers.html

All there. :D
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:42
"Uzi Lover"
I can't believe I just watched all of that. I had the original and that video is class :-)

So, anyone got the lyrics?
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:41
Regular
"everyone says it"
There is hope....
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
Absolutely bloody brilliant.

Made by a Mac man.

Excellent stuff.
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
loki wrote:
> Have you noticed the bit in the original video where he gets to the centre of
> the stage and twists his ankle? He makes a fantastic noise, a little tortured
> yelp, then just carries on screaming as if nothing happened. The guy's got
> class.

I just watched that bit, it was fantastic, i was in stitches.
Thu 11/04/02 at 17:56
Regular
The original video I watched was kinda crap quality. Nothing to you guys, it's just my computer can't stream, at all.

So no, unfortunatly.

And by the way, if you were wondering what the lyrics were to that fantastic song, they're available here:

http://www.digitaldroo.com/monkeydevelopers.html
Thu 11/04/02 at 17:55
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Have you noticed the bit in the original video where he gets to the centre of the stage and twists his ankle? He makes a fantastic noise, a little tortured yelp, then just carries on screaming as if nothing happened. The guy's got class.
Thu 11/04/02 at 17:51
Regular
Just noticed as well, how Ballmer nearly falls off the stage on the right hand side when he dances around.
Thu 11/04/02 at 17:50
Regular
Fan-tas-tic.

I've got four words for you.

Developers, developers, developers, developers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.