GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 10 - Worth the wait?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 10:37
Regular
Its official, Final Fantasy 10 is out on the 31st of May!!! However is it fair that us Europeans get a version with big black borders and no 60hrtz option? NO
Why is it that killer titles such as this (and many others-"devil may cry") are not optimised for us Europeans? We`ve already had to wait long enough for the game to be released. I mean Final Fantasy 11 is out in Japan 15 days before we get our hands on Final Fantasy 10!!! Something desperately needs to be done about it - who agrees???
Sat 13/04/02 at 09:39
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Ive just got the new official playstation2 magazine this morning and I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw the review for Final Fantasy 10.

IT ONLY GOT 8/10 - Has the world gone crazy????????

The number of complaints official playstation2 magazine will get will be enormous!!!
Fri 12/04/02 at 22:45
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Cyclone wrote:
> And Nintendo treats Europe badly?

YES!!! But then again, they totally rule and make the best games so it's okay. :-D
Thu 11/04/02 at 22:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And Nintendo treats Europe badly?
Thu 11/04/02 at 21:39
Regular
"accidental superher"
Fuzzy wrote:

Oh, and FFIV and FFV are both being released in Europe,
> along with POSSIBLY FFTactics on the GBA.

where has this been announced...i know for sure that FF tactics is heading for the GBA...but didn't hear about FFIV and V
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
adrian - I totally agree!!, sony has not optimised several killer games, the list goes on and on. Probably the most noticable was tekken tag tournament which lost its fast paced action. Then there was devil may cry, silent hill 2... ect...

Do you definately know final fantasy 10 will be the international one? because it doesnt mention it in games descriptions like at electronic boutique or amazon.
Thu 11/04/02 at 17:42
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I was just going to say that at last Square is treating Europe right by releasing FFX International over here rather than just in Japan. It is a re-release of the original game except with a bonus disc (similar to MGS2) and the Japanese FFX Int. had Dolby Surround Sound unlike the original so we can expect that over here too. And are their any plans for FFX International in N.America. Nope!!!!

Oh, and FFIV and FFV are both being released in Europe, along with POSSIBLY FFTactics on the GBA.

PH! :)
Thu 11/04/02 at 17:00
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Milner wrote:
> Well as a matter of fact "jive", the message I was commenting more on
> was the optimisation of games, I used final fantasy as an example!!

Sony dont treat Europeans well with PS2 conversions. But Microsoft do a great job!, all Xbox games run at 60hz and at full screen. The only one that doesnt is Halo, but the 50hz option in Halo has been optimised at full screen and is as fast as the American version.

With the GC also supporting 60hz and full screen on every game. Sony really need to take on board the fact that we cant be fobbed off with big black boarders and sloppy conversions.
Thu 11/04/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Milner wrote:
And by the way just because Im new
> doesnt mean my opinions dont count because I have the right to be here as much
> as you are! (refer to the patronising comment "We`ll let you off this
> time")

Hey chill out - Switch on your sense of humour please !!

Yes I am looking forward to FFX and have it on pre-order, at least we are getting it at last.

The main reason for the lengthy conversion is the changing of the language, what would be nice is if they could do an English language version at the same time as the Jap original but I cant see that happening.
Thu 11/04/02 at 15:53
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Well as a matter of fact "jive", the message I was commenting more on was the optimisation of games, I used final fantasy as an example!!! Therefore I think it requires a whole new forum! And by the way just because Im new doesnt mean my opinions dont count because I have the right to be here as much as you are! (refer to the patronising comment "We`ll let you off this time")
Thu 11/04/02 at 13:01
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
First off, welcome to the SR forum Milner enjoy your stay here.

Second, as your new we'll let you off but there's already a Final Fantasy Topic here and this should have gone in there.

Third, yes it is annoying with the borders but I usually find that once I get into a game I hardly notice the borders until someone points them out, I usually just try and enjoy the game for what it is.

Fouth, delays in games like this are inevitable, Japan always (well most of the time) get the games first as theirs is the break or make market. Yes the conversions take far too long but the way I look at it, at least it's coming out in a month or so's time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.