GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/12/07 at 18:47
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
How Did U Find Freeola????
Thu 13/12/07 at 18:47
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
How Did U Find Freeola????
Fri 14/12/07 at 19:56
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I originally signed up to Special Reserve, back when it existed. I saw an ad for it in the back of N64 Magazine, and thought it looked really good.

Freeola was pretty much the father of Special Reserve back then, but I was more interested in Special Reserve. Then SR got into difficulty and had to close, but fortunately the kind staffies at Freeola took over the forums which would have been lost, along with all the community spirit, if they hadn't.

Then the forums got renamed from UKChatforums to Freeola Gameaday, and I'm still here.
Fri 14/12/07 at 22:11
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Bought a domain name from GetDotted.com, kept getting marketing emails that mentioned the forums, got bored one day so signed up, left when they closed, come back occasionally.
Sat 15/12/07 at 11:15
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
LOL:P
Sat 15/12/07 at 16:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Where Richard Gere keeps his rodents.

Well, actually, I used the old UKCheats site, had a go at submitting for Gameaday, and then started on the forums too.
Tue 18/12/07 at 18:13
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
LOL:P
Wed 19/12/07 at 15:20
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I found the forums as part of my job :p
Wed 19/12/07 at 15:23
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Very similar to Twain. Saw an ad for Special Reserve in a mag and went from there.
Wed 19/12/07 at 15:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
bought stuff from them back in the Special Reserve days.

Bought an Amiga 500+ Cartoon classics pack from there, fair few games and then my playstation when it came out.

found the forums via the SR catalogue i believe.
Wed 19/12/07 at 19:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Grandprix wrote:

> Very similar to Twain. Saw an ad for Special Reserve in a mag and
> went from there.

Me too. I think it was the Gamesmaster magazine I saw the advert in as that was the main one I bought back in the early / mid 90's.

Signed up and when the Nottingham shop opened (well Stapleford on the outskirts of Nottingham) bought most of my games from there and found the website in the monthly mag they sent out.

Interestingly the old SR shop in Stapleford is still there complete with the sign and SR "splat" logo. No-one has bought it even though the town itself is modern and not run down so who knows why it hasn't been converted into something else.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.