GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/12/07 at 18:47
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
How Did U Find Freeola????
Wed 16/01/08 at 13:59
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think I got my brother to put a few posts up back in the Freeola days, I remember he got a couple of Gameaday wins on the ol' cheats (Naturally, I'm better at it!), but otherwise I've never convinced anyone to use this place.

In fact, I've never really even tried, although the one time I was asked to reccommend a forum, it was the SR, and even then I think the only result was borderline spam...
Tue 15/01/08 at 17:44
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Tony wrote:
> pb wrote:
> SR again. Bought many things including the original Gameboy
> (the
> brick one) and noticed the website one day in the magazine.
>
> Been talking to the same bunch of misfits ever since. ;)
>
>
> I remember when the place was crawling with animals and
> reptiles. In fact you could be hung, drawn and quartered for so
> much as mentioning Haggis!

I can remember that as well! Used to be some arguments on here on intelligent discussion and some right characters that caused controversy!

I still try and convert people to freeola to this day...
Tue 15/01/08 at 00:25
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
pb wrote:
> SR again. Bought many things including the original Gameboy (the
> brick one) and noticed the website one day in the magazine.
>
> Been talking to the same bunch of misfits ever since. ;)

I remember when the place was crawling with animals and reptiles. In fact you could be hung, drawn and quartered for so much as mentioning Haggis!
Mon 14/01/08 at 22:11
"possibly impossible"
SR again. Bought many things including the original Gameboy (the brick one) and noticed the website one day in the magazine.

Been talking to the same bunch of misfits ever since. ;)
Mon 14/01/08 at 21:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I found it in the SR days and signed up so I could view the cheats on the site. So glad I did. So far 6 GADs and counting (must log in more often actually to increae my chances of another...)

Really got into the forum when I had an operation on my foot... nothing to do and plenty of time on my hands... perfect!
Wed 19/12/07 at 19:53
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Grandprix wrote:

> Very similar to Twain. Saw an ad for Special Reserve in a mag and
> went from there.

Me too. I think it was the Gamesmaster magazine I saw the advert in as that was the main one I bought back in the early / mid 90's.

Signed up and when the Nottingham shop opened (well Stapleford on the outskirts of Nottingham) bought most of my games from there and found the website in the monthly mag they sent out.

Interestingly the old SR shop in Stapleford is still there complete with the sign and SR "splat" logo. No-one has bought it even though the town itself is modern and not run down so who knows why it hasn't been converted into something else.
Wed 19/12/07 at 15:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
bought stuff from them back in the Special Reserve days.

Bought an Amiga 500+ Cartoon classics pack from there, fair few games and then my playstation when it came out.

found the forums via the SR catalogue i believe.
Wed 19/12/07 at 15:23
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Very similar to Twain. Saw an ad for Special Reserve in a mag and went from there.
Wed 19/12/07 at 15:20
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I found the forums as part of my job :p
Tue 18/12/07 at 18:13
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
LOL:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.