GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Auto Modellista - will you or won't you?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/02 at 13:30
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1654

-----

I really am not sure about this game. Sure, it looks good... and I don't doubt it will be playable... but... driving cartoon cars - even 'realistic' cartoon cars - just somehow doesn't appeal.

Generally, I don't like cel-shaded graphics. There's something distinctly tacky about them.

Yes, I know that graphics don't make a game, but after seeing what is possible with GT3, is this really what we want to see on the next-gen machines?

With GT3 being photo-realistic and - according to Sony - "barely touching the sides" of what PS2 can do, surely this is a backwards step? It just looks too 'retro', and as much as I enjoyed the old games growing up, I don't really want to play them on my new state-of-the-art consoles.

If I play a demo and it's especially good, I might be tempted. But otherwise, I think I'll be steering well clear of this one.

How about you?
Wed 10/04/02 at 14:28
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Auto Modellista looks good and I'll probably buy it sometime in the future, but I think I'll wait for Toca: Race Driver or the even better looking and more promissing Stuntman.
Wed 10/04/02 at 14:31
true NH but it does effect the way we look at a game, in reviews of THPS3 a big chunk was related to the on-line section in the game so people are attracted to it.
Wed 10/04/02 at 14:33
do not over hipe stuntman, wait for thr reviews and don't expect loads because when you do it is never there.
Wed 10/04/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
MetalGear2King wrote:
> true NH but it does effect the way we look at a game, in reviews of THPS3 a big
> chunk was related to the on-line section in the game so people are attracted to
> it.

Yes but it shouldn't do - by the time the PS2 goes online you will have forgotten about THPS3 well and truly..
Wed 10/04/02 at 14:43
"High polygon count"
oasismark wrote:
> Anyway what about the online factor, surely that's gonna attract
> lots of people.

Possibly... but what about GT Next?
Wed 10/04/02 at 14:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MetalGear2King wrote:
> do not over hipe stuntman, wait for thr reviews and don't expect loads because
> when you do it is never there.

I think I'll enjoy Stuntman more than Auto Modellista, but I will wait for reviews before I buy the game, just like I'll wait for the review for AM before I decide its a worthy purchase.
Wed 10/04/02 at 17:19
Regular
"Back For Good"
Definatly not!!!

Jet Set Radio looked fantastic because it had a cool feel to the cartoony graphics but games like house of the dead 3, Zelda and this one just look damn awful, As much as i try to look beyond just the graphics I find these too off putting :-(
Wed 10/04/02 at 17:24
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i could have sworn those are taken from gt3 game, they look exactly like gt3 except its cartoon (not the graphics the game, cars and background).
Wed 10/04/02 at 18:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
I may get it - It looks alright but Im more tempted with realistic racers such as GT Next and TOCA Race Driver!!
I will wait and see what kind of reviews it gets and hopefully a playable demo!!
Wed 10/04/02 at 18:49
Regular
You really do have to see the game running to realise just how good it looks, I think the main idea of AM is that it will be online, and considering that the Japenese FF11 is in it's final stages of devolopment and won't be realeased over here until 2004, U won't be seeing this game for quite a while. It is being made by Capcom, so if they get the borders sorted we should be in for a hit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.