GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Standard Hosting and Standard email issues"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/02/15 at 16:08
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
I'm currently unable to reach websites on standard hosting (HTTP + FTP) and also notice standard email is having problems.

It looks like sites are available when not using a Freeola connection.

Never a good time for problems but I was half way through an FTP :¬(

I've just raised a ticket (203922) but thought it was worth a post as I didn't use an EmailPro account so it doesn't look as if I'll get any reply...

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 28/02/15 at 20:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
If I get too technical sometime just say, I sometimes forget! Info is no good if you don't understand it.

Thanks Eccles ... some of it I did and some of it I didn't (but worked out later) :¬)

Really think I'm getting too old for all of this
Sat 28/02/15 at 20:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
If I get too technical sometime just say, I sometimes forget! Info is no good if you don't understand it.
Sat 28/02/15 at 19:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Thanks Eccles.

Extra info/details always welcomed - it all helps your customers.

... in 'customer friendly details' I hope ;¬)
Sat 28/02/15 at 19:40
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Eccles.

Extra info/details always welcomed - it all helps your customers.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 28/02/15 at 19:31
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
This is due to the work we have been doing to take over the running of some of the services that were run for us before. Free and freedom e-mail and the free hosting is now on our equipment and so goes over different networks. We're trying to spread things out to be a bit more resilient, but in this case it seems dual homed fancy networking hasn't behaved as intended! We're also going to slowly be adding ipv6 to the services (we already serve DNS dual stacked) so you might want to give that a try at some point hmmm...
Looks like this problem was a transit provider, which would link some parts of some ISP's networks to other networks, like the one we use in this case.
Sat 28/02/15 at 18:14
"Are you sure?"
Thanks all looks good :¬)

I see your "outside provider" was blaming an "upstream provider" - so many players!

tracert shows some new addresses - have some changes been made recently?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 28/02/15 at 18:06
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Should all be up and running again now. Apologies to those affected.
Sat 28/02/15 at 17:29
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Some traffic has now been re-routed and is now able to reach our services. IT's not sorted entirely though.
Sat 28/02/15 at 16:55
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Butch.
Yes I updated the ticket and received a reply asking what browser I was using as they (at the time) couldn't see a problem.

I did reply earlier - hopefully it made it back to you?

Thanks for the update.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Edited by Hmmm... as I see you've changed your post.
Sat 28/02/15 at 16:50
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
It looks like an outside supplier are having an issue that is causing some routing problems. A Network Status message will be going up shortly but, as this is completely outside our control, we cannot possibly give an estimated resolution time.

From looking into your ticket I can see you provided an alternative EmailPro-based e-mail address for contact, if this address is incorrect or also not working, please let us know and we can send your response elsewhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.