GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Intermittent connection lost .. @Hmmm's advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/14 at 19:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
In response to Hmmm's migration to FTTC ... I replied with the following and was advised to make a new thread ... so here it is:

Nice that you've achieved 'development' Hmmm but getting similar speeds from ADSL2+ since my upgrade last year ...

... however, what has been happening today?

First thing this morning ... router had 'gone off-line' and no settings! Sorted, imported back-up and on-line. No problems all day, until Mrs DL wanted access about half-hour ago ,,, no problem but no internet. Router 'off-line' again but had maintained the settings!

What is going on? Is it our line? Is it ... ?

EDIT: Since I posted above, the router has disconnected again! No settings lost this time again but it's becoming far too frequent! The router is a Netgear DGND3300v2 and all is upgraded.
Wed 27/05/15 at 20:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
And to clarify further, that is the old unlimited tariff we sold a good few years ago, not the new Unlimited tariff.

Sorry ... I didn't mean to tread on toes.
Wed 27/05/15 at 20:33
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
And to clarify further, that is the old unlimited tariff we sold a good few years ago, not the new Unlimited tariff.
Wed 27/05/15 at 18:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Perhaps I should have mentioned earlier that my Freeola account is an 'unlimited' one ...
Wed 27/05/15 at 12:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for all the advice but the issue has now been sorted earlier this morning by Freeola's lovely Support Staff. It was a 'problem' with the supplier i.e Enta and a 'mysterious' rate limit issued by their automatic systems!

@Eccles ... tried all that you suggested, last night and earlier this morning ... no real joy with any, therefore as I mentioned earlier, I suspected the line or supplier, but thanks anyway.

Bt Speedtest this morning suggested a download of 0.03 mbps. It should be 18.65 mbps, as it now is.
Wed 27/05/15 at 10:58
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Your stats look fine.
When this happens I would try running a BT speed test and also pinging and doing a trace route to a number of sites like Google and the BBC. The BT speedtest should help determine whether it's a BT network issue, such as exchange congestion or something on the supplier side such as node congestion. If your router is behaving and not dropping the connection then I would expect the issue isn't in your property.
Wed 27/05/15 at 10:16
"possibly impossible"
Have you thought about using something other than Netgear? :)

If Freeola have checked their end and you've change router then surely it's only the line from the exchange to your house or the settings on the router(s) or the fact that you've got some pretty dodgy wiring in your house or something affecting the line?

I know it sounds silly (and I'm no expert like Hmmm...) but does it coincide with anyone using any sort of electrical appliance prior to the issue? (microwave, washing machine etc). I have heard of issues where they can affect things. Probably not, but worth thinking about.

Feel free to ignore anything I say, though, I'm just spouting recycled information.
Tue 26/05/15 at 21:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just a random question ... internet connection fine and fast until 6pm ... then 'oh no José' ... totally gone, joined the heavenly choir, laid to rest ... Freeola Status page (finally), she say 'Ok José' ... DL say 'no way, no connection' ... I think it's Enta but I could be wrong (as usual)

Any thoughts?

EDIT:

No real change in connection, still like 'ditch water', but router stats now suggest this at 22.32 ...

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Link Rate 21479 Kbps 1219 Kbps
Line Attenuation 11.5 dB 5.0 dB
Noise Margin 3.0 dB 6.6 dB

Got to be server problem ... surely?
Sat 14/02/15 at 22:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
All is fine ... the router has become our next best friend ... she is so cool ;¬)
Fri 13/02/15 at 19:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Good to hear.
See earlier reply...

Thanks Hmmm ... I knew what needed doing but funds weren't available, so you persevere ... but death does bring it's rewards, thanks Dad ;¬)
Fri 13/02/15 at 18:46
"Are you sure?"
Good to hear.
See earlier reply...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.