GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Website down..help!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/08/14 at 08:44
Regular
Our website is down and the error message says 'A scripting/config error prevents the server from showing this page'.

Any help would be much appreciated as Freeola for some bizarre reason don't have support until 9am today and we have a business that relies on Saturday morning orders!
Thu 18/09/14 at 20:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I'd agree with you somewhat davidb, but searching Freeola's Web Design offers it does mention Online Shopping ... ecommerce methinks ;¬)

Why not ask for a quote? If your existing site is or has been profitable, what's the problem ... ask.
Thu 18/09/14 at 19:44
Regular
hello,
yes, I do test transactions nearly every day, and the payment links et6c work well and everything from that side is as normal. I hadn't really thought about asking freeola, but I did look into sites they had made etc and there were no ecommerce sites , so nothing to gauge it on.
Thu 18/09/14 at 14:04
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
@davidb..

It would probably be worth you running a few "dummy" transactions through on your site, just to ensure that your payment provider and options are fully functioning.

However, I notice from the other thread where you discuss your site that it's been up and running for a considerable amount of time, so it may simply need some updates applied, particularly if your payment provider has made any changes at their end of things.

As a rule, any e-commerce site is going to need regular updates applied, regardless of the core system used, as security issues get addressed and functions are changed.

Have you requested a quote for a full site build from us yet? Might be the time to consider it...
Thu 18/09/14 at 12:32
"Are you sure?"
davidb wrote:
...more looks showing on the stats but only about 1/3 of the expected sales.

If your visitor statistics are normal but sales are down then it doesn't sound like it's due to your site being unavailable.

What/who are you using for your 'checkout'?

Perhaps your payment processor has changed something that's causing issues?

Are you able to track where your visitors are leaving your site?

Feel free to post the address of your website if you want others to look and let you know if they see a problem :¬)

EDIT: Sorry.
Just found it over in: this thread along with some previous comments.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 18/09/14 at 00:14
Regular
thanks, that would be much appreciated !!
We have never gone 8 hours throughout the working day without an order until the last few weeks when things started going weird. We are going thought such strange trading patterns that nothing else can explain it apart from customers not being able to get into the site, I really can't think what else it can be. Monday was as it should be, Tuesday and Wednesday has been back to terrible again, more looks showing on the stats but only about 1/3 of the expected sales.
thanks again
Wed 17/09/14 at 08:33
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Since the last DDoS we are not aware of any other issues with our hosting servers. We have autated monitoring that alerts us should the servers become unresponsive to ftp and web requests (and monitors a whole load of other stuff). I have an idea of how we can check that your site is not becoming unavailable for long periods using a 3rd party service that would be completely independent from us. I'll try and look into that today.
Tue 16/09/14 at 22:36
Regular
hello again,
so there is an ongoing problem going on somewhere on freeola's severs?
Is it affecting customers' sites, are the people who's sites are affected being informed what is going on?
I know this sort of thing of course can't be helped, but there certainly seems to be something strange going on and I can't figure out what it is, maybe I'm just a bit sceptical but there seems to be a lack of information on this...if something is going on that could be affecting my sites that are hosted by freeola I would like to know, please??
There is no problem being shown on the network status page..so is that correct?
thanks
Tue 16/09/14 at 10:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:

@DL
I keep my eye on your standard hosted 'nippersoft' site but I hadn't realised you were also using VIP hosting.

I don't personally, but all the sites that I've built use VIP hosting.
Tue 16/09/14 at 09:04
"Are you sure?"
DL wrote:
Foodbiz wrote:
[i]Another issue this morning now though, is it effecting everyone on VIP servers and Email Pro as the status indicates?

Morning ... no problems for me with either service.[/i]

@DL
I keep my eye on your standard hosted 'nippersoft' site but I hadn't realised you were also using VIP hosting.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 15/09/14 at 19:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Eccles :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.