GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTML Scrolling/Bouncing Text Code"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/08/14 at 06:32
Regular
HTML Scrolling/Bouncing Text Code no longer works (or saves) on Instant Pro?
Any idea's or is this part of the new improved version?
Tue 26/08/14 at 11:23
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
To address each of your points;

The Twitter feeds (along with anything similar) are usable in InstantPro and have been throughout.

The shop page is still under development and will be added as and when it is completed. This, as far as I am aware, will be fairly soon.

The marquee functionality has been returned to InstantPro. As this was a deprecated, and relatively unused feature, it was not included as part of the core InstantPro system.

Probably worth asking if we are able to reinstate any "missing" features before condemning the new system, particularly as it's early days yet. A little-used feature like marquees is likely to be overlooked until someone enquires about it.
Mon 25/08/14 at 18:05
"Are you sure?"
Ridley wrote:
...but the old version let me have scrolling text, why won't the new version allow it?

Please see earlier reply! :¬)

I think you need a Freeola staffie to chip in really.
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Mon 25/08/14 at 17:51
Regular
Thanks Guys.

I know I keep harping on about the new improved version being a bit rubbish but the old version let me have scrolling text, why won't the new version allow it?

Will the new version allow Twitter feeds, as I haven't tried that again, but that would be an improvement, as I notice most of Freeola's competitors have Facebook and Twitter feeds/widgets as standard on their templates.

They were also working on a "shop" page, again, I would find that an improvement as most other hosts have these as standard.

Freeola have hosted my site(s) since 2007, but I am getting to the stage when I want more features and ease of use than I am currently getting from Freeola and feel it may be time to move on.

Moan over :-)
Sun 24/08/14 at 22:55
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
@DL, unfortunately you can't use a jquery or JavaScript solution on an InstantPro site.

Thanks Hmmm ... it's back to the 'coding board' then for the InstantPro developers to actually recognise CSS3 then.
Sun 24/08/14 at 20:46
"Are you sure?"
@DL, unfortunately you can't use a jquery or JavaScript solution on an InstantPro site.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 24/08/14 at 20:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Ridley wrote:

Not sure what the 'full stop' means but I found this...

Quote ... "The marquee tag is a non-standard HTML element which causes text to scroll up, down, left or right automatically. The tag was first introduced in early versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and was compared to Netscape's blink element, as a proprietary non-standard extension to the HTML standard with usability problems. It is deprecated by the W3C and not advised by them for use in any HTML documents."

if you still want marquee to work as expected see this ... of course, this may not work or you may have already tried it.
Sun 24/08/14 at 13:24
"Are you sure?"
I'm guessing this tag is possibly removed as it's a non-standard IE introduced item.

Rather annoying how the editor changes your code without telling you though!

I wonder if Freeola can change things to allow the tag for you?
...and issue a message when the editor changes your code!

Sun 24/08/14 at 10:48
Regular
Thanks Hmmm

2 pages on the site had scrolling text and was working fine until the updated version, which is why I have now had to add the Flash Animation as this works.

The scrolling code was this:
Text Here
Sun 24/08/14 at 09:55
"Are you sure?"
I see your website is already using Flash to animate some text.
Can you post the HTML code snippet you are trying to use - I take it this is non-Flash?

Sun 24/08/14 at 06:32
Regular
HTML Scrolling/Bouncing Text Code no longer works (or saves) on Instant Pro?
Any idea's or is this part of the new improved version?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.