GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTML Scrolling/Bouncing Text Code"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/08/14 at 06:32
Regular
HTML Scrolling/Bouncing Text Code no longer works (or saves) on Instant Pro?
Any idea's or is this part of the new improved version?
Thu 28/08/14 at 14:25
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Ridley wrote:
Twitter Feed Working - YES !!
Scrolling Text Working - YES !!
Happier Now - YES !!

Thanks All

Good stuff, glad to hear it's all working out for you.
Wed 27/08/14 at 17:53
"Are you sure?"
:¬) and I see you've already made use of them as well!

Next (if you are interested) you need to take a look at how you can bring more visitors in as there are some improvements you can make.

My very old2008 InstantPro SEO tips post might be worth a read - it links to Freeola's more up-to-date advice.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Wed 27/08/14 at 17:30
Regular
Twitter Feed Working - YES !!
Scrolling Text Working - YES !!
Happier Now - YES !!

Thanks All
Wed 27/08/14 at 15:59
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Thanks chasfh.

@Ridley
Re. Twitter. I've just tried using the current Twitter Profile widget with InstantPro (in a standard page) and all works well :¬)

Demo here: InstantPro Twitter script

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Thanks for posting a link to a "live" demo, might be useful for a few...

To clarify, this did work in the older InstantPro, but I believe Twitter themselves changed the way some of their code was formatted, effectively "breaking" it for the older system. We did take some workaround measures at one point, and a number of customers were using Twitter successfully on the old Instantpro.

However, this is pretty much a "case in point" for the benefits of the new service, don't you think?
Wed 27/08/14 at 10:09
"Are you sure?"
Thanks chasfh.

@Ridley
Re. Twitter. I've just tried using the current Twitter Profile widget with InstantPro (in a standard page) and all works well :¬)

Demo here: InstantPro Twitter script

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 27/08/14 at 10:03
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Hmmm... wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]...we love feedback!

Hi chasfh,
Did you see my earlier comment about the editor stripping code without informing the user?

It can be frustrating trying to use some code (in HTML view) then finding the editor has removed/changed the code on the quiet.

A warning message would be good :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site[/i]

Did see it, and I believe this is already something that's being reviewed.

I did mean to reply to that yesterday (sorry!).
Wed 27/08/14 at 09:53
"Are you sure?"
chasfh wrote:
...we love feedback!

Hi chasfh,
Did you see my earlier comment about the editor stripping code without informing the user?

It can be frustrating trying to use some code (in HTML view) then finding the editor has removed/changed the code on the quiet.

A warning message would be good :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Wed 27/08/14 at 09:22
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Ridley wrote:
Thanks Chasfh

I was surprised about your twitter comment as this didn't work on the old system (me and Hmmm have discussed this previously), I'll give it another go!

Looking forward to the shop feature.

With regards to the scrolling text, if there is another way of doing it other than how I am wanting to do it (im not a web programmer), please let me know (albeit you have re-introduced it).

I, like many people do not like change, especially in my mind the old system worked. Yahoo did something similar a while back and quickly introduced a "revert to old" button due to people complaining about the new format. I for one would love this button.

I'll persevere and see how it goes.

No problem..

Also worth repeating, as this is important;

We did NOT change InstantPro just because we felt like it. The core system was out of date, making adding anything new (like shop pages for example) almost impossible. Additionally, the new system is up to date and ready for new web standards (which the old system lacked).

The aim is to keep InstantPro current, as functional as possible and as easy to use as we can make it. Whilst a "revert to old" option is a nice idea on paper, the eventual upshot of this would be that your site would be crippled by incompatibilities on-going, and would lack access to the new features we intend to add over the course of the next few months/ years.

I'm positive that you'd agree we'd be a terrible company if we waited for everything to "break" before we dealt with it.

I'm also positive that you'll agree the new InstantPro is a vast improvement once you've given it a bit more of a "test run".

Again, always worth asking if there's something you can't do, as ANY valid point gets added as a feature request for upcoming updates (we love feedback!).
Tue 26/08/14 at 19:05
Regular
Thanks Chasfh

I was surprised about your twitter comment as this didn't work on the old system (me and Hmmm have discussed this previously), I'll give it another go!

Looking forward to the shop feature.

With regards to the scrolling text, if there is another way of doing it other than how I am wanting to do it (im not a web programmer), please let me know (albeit you have re-introduced it).

I, like many people do not like change, especially in my mind the old system worked. Yahoo did something similar a while back and quickly introduced a "revert to old" button due to people complaining about the new format. I for one would love this button.

I'll persevere and see how it goes.
Tue 26/08/14 at 16:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Now there speaks a man of knowledge ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.