GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola ADSL2+ emails"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/03/14 at 09:19
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
Overnight I received an email inviting me to upgrade my broadband connection to ADSL2+

"Important information regarding your broadband connection.

Due to recent upgrades on the BT network we are pleased to inform you that your local telephone exchange has now been upgraded to support ADSL2+! Because of this upgrade Freeola is now able to offer you the chance to upgrade your broadband service, free of charge.
"

As far as I'm aware my exchange is still 20CN ADSL only?
I've just used the BT Wholesale availability checker and it doesn't show ADSL2+ either.

Have these emails perhaps been generated in error?

I look after 4 Freeola lines on my 20CN exchange, I've already been contacted by another Freeola client on a different local 20CN exchange who also received this email asking if this is a virus email or for real...

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 12/03/14 at 16:29
"Are you sure?"
Thanks - Just got mine...

Don't forget to add Fibre[FTTC] options soon as I'm hoping 2014 will be my turn for the fast lane :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 12/03/14 at 15:35
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
Are you (Freeola) planning on sending a correction email to those on 20CN that have received the erroneous notice and don't visit the forum?

Will be going out this evening or tomorrow.
Wed 12/03/14 at 13:38
"Are you sure?"
I've just had a phone call where someone was wondering if their current router would be ok for this ADSL2+ upgrade...

I explained to them that the email was sent in error etc.

Are you (Freeola) planning on sending a correction email to those on 20CN that have received the erroneous notice and don't visit the forum?

Interestingly at the same time as Enta made this change they also removed their 'Node Usage' information from public view (so the graphs on my website are broken) and the ability to check which node your are connected to is no longer available.

For a while now my connection was noticeably slower during the day when things were busy (lunchtimes especially) but since these changes things seem to have improved for me!
I am getting my full IP Profile when I check throughput - I had often only been getting a fraction of this.

If anyone knows of any link between the recent changes and improved service for 20CN lines I would be interested to hear - I'm not complaining! :¬)

Anyone else seeing an improvement?
Hopefully this won't be the kiss of death - or Enta notice I'm on the wrong package!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 11/03/14 at 17:52
Regular
Thanks. Availability checker still just shows normal ADSL, no LLU, no anything other than BT, and with only 900 connections I doubt we are a priority so was pleasantly surprised to get that email!! One day we will join the 21st Century. Thanks folks
Tue 11/03/14 at 13:39
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

It's worth checking the official BT Wholesale Availability Checker which will show what your line can provide.

The old 20CN exchanges are slowly being phased out - one way or another, but it looks like it will take a few years.

Have you checked to see what your local council is doing as part of BDUK (Broadband Delivery for the UK)?
The government is providing funding to allow BT to upgrade exchanges that wouldn't normally be commercially viable?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Must type quicker :¬)
Tue 11/03/14 at 13:32
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It will be happening just not yet. BT are retiring the 20CN network, which means nearly all exchanges will have 21CN and therefore ADSL2+. The issue with the e-mails was due to our suppliers switching accounts that are on 20CN to an underlying 21CN BT product in readiness. This triggered our systems to send the e-mail because as far as it was concerned the connection had been moved to 21CN.
Tue 11/03/14 at 13:07
Regular
Hmm, I got that email too, and also got all excited about it, does this mean that everyone got it in error yesterday and it is not actually happening?
Mon 10/03/14 at 22:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Whatever and whenever ... I can't win ;¬)
Mon 10/03/14 at 21:49
"Are you sure?"
You forget our last discussion on this DL.
It won't help my speeds a lot on my long line - FTTC which is coming my way is the way forward for me!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 10/03/14 at 19:11
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A disappointment Hmmm but I bet you got excited ;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.