GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enough is Enough."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 17:29
Regular
Most of you will know that the Queen Mother has died; probably from the ridiculous, almost hypocritical ammount of coverage on national news. Now I know many people liked Her and that as a state figure its bound to have some coverage but this is crazy. She lead a long life of privilage, she wasn't assasinated!

If you want a tradegy then just look at spiralling events in the middle east. And what about Londons rising street crime rate? And thier taking hundreds of police off the streets for processions?!?!?

Many of you may not agree with me, some may even unleash a torrent of abuse, but this is my view; any of you people agree with me?
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
20 minutes is really so little time though is it ? We all know (hopefully) that things in the Middle East are bad, seeing another Group of Israeli hating Palestinians or another Israeli Tank rumbling forward isn't going to change anyones opinion by now is it ? Year after year we see the smae things on the news and we've largely become indifferent to them. unique events capture interest - how many people had the news on for days on end following and during 9/11 ? Millions across the world, if not a billion. Yes, it takes resources to police such a crowd of people, but if we as a nation cannot police quietly queueing people then what does that say about us as a nation ? ON Tuesday secuirty is going to be ultra tight, and we can easily do that as a nation because we have the resources. There's very little point being a modern developedsociety if you can't occasionally pull out all the stops for rare events.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:32
"Mimmargh!"
Belldandy wrote:
> If people want to express their grief then what is the harm in it ? I'll admit
> that her death hasn't really meant much to me but I would never begrudge
> anything to those who it has meant more to.

Yes street crime is rising, the
> middle east is going up in flames, but these issues will still bearound after
> her funeral on Tuesday. Let some people have a few days of something other than
> war and crime. Why ?

Reflection on something like the death of the Queen
> Mother can make us think about other less obviously related things that are
> relevant to other issues like the Middle East.

Its a waste of time trying to
> set the world in order if we don't even know what it is we're trying to save !

I was merely pointing out that 20 mins new coverage on the Queen Mum is going a bit over the top. And I never said I had anything against those morning her.
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I agree with you and I did last week when I knew this would happen.

Media telling us were a nation in mourning and were not being sad enough

Morons
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:16
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
If people want to express their grief then what is the harm in it ? I'll admit that her death hasn't really meant much to me but I would never begrudge anything to those who it has meant more to.

Yes street crime is rising, the middle east is going up in flames, but these issues will still bearound after her funeral on Tuesday. Let some people have a few days of something other than war and crime. Why ?

Reflection on something like the death of the Queen Mother can make us think about other less obviously related things that are relevant to other issues like the Middle East.

Its a waste of time trying to set the world in order if we don't even know what it is we're trying to save !
Sat 06/04/02 at 17:29
"Mimmargh!"
Most of you will know that the Queen Mother has died; probably from the ridiculous, almost hypocritical ammount of coverage on national news. Now I know many people liked Her and that as a state figure its bound to have some coverage but this is crazy. She lead a long life of privilage, she wasn't assasinated!

If you want a tradegy then just look at spiralling events in the middle east. And what about Londons rising street crime rate? And thier taking hundreds of police off the streets for processions?!?!?

Many of you may not agree with me, some may even unleash a torrent of abuse, but this is my view; any of you people agree with me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.