GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enough is Enough."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 17:29
Regular
Most of you will know that the Queen Mother has died; probably from the ridiculous, almost hypocritical ammount of coverage on national news. Now I know many people liked Her and that as a state figure its bound to have some coverage but this is crazy. She lead a long life of privilage, she wasn't assasinated!

If you want a tradegy then just look at spiralling events in the middle east. And what about Londons rising street crime rate? And thier taking hundreds of police off the streets for processions?!?!?

Many of you may not agree with me, some may even unleash a torrent of abuse, but this is my view; any of you people agree with me?
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:13
"Mimmargh!"
Good point.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Protoss wrote:
> Hey I wasn't asking for a full blown argument,

If you didn't want people to argue your point then why on earth did you make a topic ? That's kinda why people make topics yknow.....
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
If I were to go and ask random people
> at my school about thier views on the Middle East, about 70% would say 'eh?'

I can easily believe that. I'm at University and in seminar about European history the topic was the Berlin Wall. One bright spark announced that him and his mate were, for thier project, going to do about the Berlin Wall and why Nato didn't knock it down, and how the German people didn't want it knocking down because they liked being seperated.....

Does anyone ever feel the urge to bang their head on a wall sometimes ???
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:09
"Mimmargh!"
Right on, Mouldy Cheese!
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:08
"Mimmargh!"
Hey I wasn't asking for a full blown argument, I was just stating that coverage of the Queen Mum was, in my opinion, a bit too much, ten minutes would have been plenty.
Maybe my comments on Africa were crude generalisations but my point remains valid.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The IRA are morons, i dont think they even believe in what they are fighting for, any excuse for a fight seems to be their approach.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:03
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Belldandy wrote:
> 20 minutes is really so little time though is it ? We all know (hopefully) that
> things in the Middle East are bad...

Maybe us here know that, but most people don't.

If I were to go and ask random people at my school about thier views on the Middle East, about 70% would say 'eh?'
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:55
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Protoss wrote:
They just don't report things on civil wars in Africa now because its a way
> of life out there now and troubles are still going on in N.Ireland, though its
> good to see breakthroughs with relation to the IRA.

Okay - Civil wars are not a way of life in Africa ! That is ridiculous, in Sierra Leone there is peace and even in the Congo area a new cease fire is in affect with a treaty having been signed by both sides.

The troubles in Ireland are - surprisingly enough - being created by the Irish, but only avery small minority of the population, we're talking less than 1% here. The rioting seen over the last few days is in a small area and has no actual goal or significance to the peace process.

Breakthroughs ? Lol :) you mean the IRA have stopped killing people while claiming there is ceasefire surely....how long did it take them to learn what ceasefire actually means ??? Up until recently they seemed to think;

CEASEFIRE~ Concept where you yourself continue as normal whilst receiving concessions from opposing party who stupidly believes your worthless promises.
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:44
"Mimmargh!"
I didn't say I hate the Queen Mum I'm just saying the new goes a bit to far, although your right on the middle east crisis, we are becoming indifferant to it. They just don't report things on civil wars in Africa now because its a way of life out there now and troubles are still going on in N.Ireland, though its good to see breakthroughs with relation to the IRA.
Sat 06/04/02 at 19:31
Regular
i do agree to a certain extent, however you have to appreciate it was (however much you hated her) a historical event, hence the coverage. but yes it is way over the top, and yes there are much more important situations in the world that need to be prioritised. damn media, i hate them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.