GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Damn you Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 17:00
Regular
As a Manchester United fan, you can imagine my sheer joy when Spurs equalised against Arsenal this afternoon.

But what do they do, ruin the season by taking the lead and having to take first place. It could of been the most interesting season ever. but no... Arsenal have to win.

Bagger Arsenal. Bagger Spurs. Bagger Wookie. Bagger crappy refereeing. Bagger big lipped Theirry Henry.

Meh.

Bagger everything
Mon 08/04/02 at 14:01
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> I'm certain that it was DEFINITLEY a penalty for Spurs, but i'm still not quite
> sure about the Arsenal one.

Then you're about the only person in the country who is. It was one of most farcical decisions I've seen in a long time.
Sun 07/04/02 at 18:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm certain that it was DEFINITLEY a penalty for Spurs, but i'm still not quite sure about the Arsenal one.

I also watched Goals on Sunday this morning - much better than The Premiership on ITV!!
Chris Kamara pointed out that Richards did get a touch on the ball, but there were also loads of other players around Henry - which confuses me.

And they were quite lucky to score it, as it wasn't Henry or Bergkamp taking it, but Lauren. And Keller was unlucky in goal, with the ball JUST missing his feet!
Sun 07/04/02 at 13:52
"High polygon count"
It's hardly surprising that Seaman had his eyes shut, most keepers do in such close proximity, in case they get a whack in the face - it's an automatic reaction!

I've played in goal quite a bit, and had footballs, boots, knees and pretty much most extremities whack me in the face. Just because you close your eyes, doesn't mean you intend to take the player.

Generally you wouldn't expect someone like Poyet to make an air-kick, so he was more than likely expecting a ball in the chops. Pretty much everyone has said 'no penalty' - even the referee didn't think so at first!

Then of course he realised that it was his duty as an FA official to put a spoke in the wheels of Arsenal's title hopes.

I'm surprised that he gave ours, to be honest - but then, as a photo in the press shows today - Richards' foul on Henry was so blatant that he really had no choice!

:-)
Sun 07/04/02 at 12:54
Regular
Right. They analysed the Tottenham Penalty on Sky sports just a while ago. (well, they got nothing better to do)

Anyway, look at it again closely. While Seaman is going for the ball he quite clearly closes his eyes for the whole incident. So this means he he has no idea that Poyet has missed the ball when they collide. Seaman is making sure that nothing is going past him at all...whether that be the ball or Poyet.

Still not a clear-cut penalty...but there is a good shout for it.
Sun 07/04/02 at 00:46
Regular
"es argh"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Just seen the highlights.

Spurs penalty award was very dubious - Poyet missed
> the ball and collided with Seaman. Is that a penalty? I don't believe so, to
> be honest. The ref was a joke, quite frankly - giving at first a corner, then
> changing his mind to give the penalty, without consulting the linesman -
> seemingly allowing the Spurs players to decide for him.

Arsenal's penalty was
> quite blatant, with King (I think) swinging a leg right across in front of Henry
> and scything him down.

And that's not looking though Red-tinted specs -
> that's calling it as the replay showed it.

All that aside, it will be
> interesting to see if Sherwood will be suspended for 3 matches for persuing the
> ref around the pitch bellowing his disgust at the decision to give Arsenal a
> penalty...

__

And have a guess at which team wookie supports :)
Sun 07/04/02 at 00:41
Regular
Ah, So the ideal situation (for me and United fans anyway) would be for Vieria to get booked against Boro and Arsenal get knocked out of the cup at the same time.

Here's to hoping...
Sun 07/04/02 at 00:20
"High polygon count"
I think it would be worth having Vieira as a sub for the Boro game, only bringing him on if necessary, to avoid any bookings. Parlour is fit and was in good form - he should be able to cover for Paddy against Boro.
Sun 07/04/02 at 00:17
"High polygon count"
From TeamTalk.com...

Patrick Vieira is one booking away from a two-game ban that could rule him out of the game against Bolton, and the Manchester United clash.

The Frenchman has now received nine yellow cards in domestic competition this season and one further card would take his tally to double figures ahead of the FA's cut-off date of April 14.

A 10th booking after this date would see Vieira rapped on the knuckles with a "severe warning" from the Football Association.

But a yellow in either the potentially-boisterous north London derby against Tottenham next Saturday or in the Middlesbrough cup semi the following Sunday, would result in the two-match suspension beginning on April 28.

That would mean Vieira missing the trip to The Reebok to play Bolton on April 29, and either the United game on May 5, or the FA Cup final on May 4 should Arsenal beat Boro in the semi-final.

The vital thing now is that Vieira does not add to his tally of 12 yellows and one red card in all competitions before the second Sunday in April.
Sun 07/04/02 at 00:11
Regular
Erm that answers u Ortega :p
come on vieira we know you can keep ur cool...
Sun 07/04/02 at 00:10
"High polygon count"
Vieira only has to get to mid-April without being booked, then he'll be clear for this season. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.