GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flora London Marathon 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/12/07 at 13:10
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
The time is nearly with us again...not that I have ever really paid attention to it, but, April 13th 2008 is the Flora London Marathon! I have been accepted for a Gold Bond place (I've been accepted to run for a charity, so get a guarenteed place), as I failed to get a place in the ballot :(

As a result, I need to try and raise £1750 for Get Kids Going!. This is a great charity, that helps to provide sporting equipment for disabled children all over the UK.

Should you be feeling generous and want to help out the charity, or just simnply love the thought of me in pain, and suffering on a 26 and a bit mile trek, please dig deep into your pockets, bank accounts, and piggy banks and sponsor me via the following link:

http://www.justgiving.com/simon-hughes

Or click here

This is a safe and secure site, and will allow you to sponsor me directly, with the option for Gift Aid (UK charities are entitled to 28% tax reclaim from the HMRC on every £1 donated by UK taxpayers).

Any amount will help, and of course will be greatly appreciated :)
Sat 08/12/07 at 17:56
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Try this instead, that way you wont need to guess what Si... err I mean Vexxxed looks like.
Mon 10/12/07 at 00:57
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Hmm, cheers Butch :p

The donations are coming alone well, great start! Thanks to all who have donated to far, and plenty of time for those, who may want to in the next few months, any and all donations are more than welcome :)
Mon 10/12/07 at 08:27
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Not doing to bad wih the Donations. Good Luck with it :)
Mon 10/12/07 at 11:04
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Hmmm.. I remember laughing about this earlier in the year and I'm still up for sponsoring you. Any way I can do this without giving £1+ to the website?
Mon 10/12/07 at 11:20
Regular
Short of money at the moment (Christmas shopping) but just leaving a note to say I'll be sponsoring you too Vexxxed =)

Any chance we can donate some GADs towards this?
Mon 10/12/07 at 11:47
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Hmmm.. I remember laughing about this earlier in the year and I'm
> still up for sponsoring you. Any way I can do this without
> giving £1+ to the website?

As far as I am aware, the only money you give, is your donation, and if you pay tax, the charity earn extra money, as they can claim the tax back, so you don't actually get charged any extra, or is there a card transaction fee? :-/

Thank you Im the Moon, very kind of you :)

No worries Machie, I'm in no rush, still got a few months to go...thank God...
Mon 10/12/07 at 12:10
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Vexxxed wrote:
> Thank you Im the Moon, very kind of you :)

Your welcome, :)

Its £10 EACH WAY when you finish i want you to run back to the start :P lol
Mon 10/12/07 at 15:25
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Vexxxed wrote:

> or is there a card transaction fee? :-/

Yup but it's only 14p, however the site takes 5% commission. Now on my paulty £20.00 that's not much (£1.28) but that must rack up as it's 5% on every donation. Before anyone pulls me up to say that £1.28 isn't 5% of 20 - the commission is this amount as it's also taken off the giftaid! Just irritated me that's all. They also reckon that offline fundraising costs between 15 - 25p per pound but I just can't see how that can be possible.

If that's the way I must go so be it, though gritted teeth :)
Mon 10/12/07 at 16:50
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Ah, yes. I have just read the small print and can now see the transaction charges. I will check my information pack when I get home, and will see if you can do a cheque or something along those lines instead if you prefer :)
Mon 10/12/07 at 16:52
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Im The Moon wrote:

> Its £10 EACH WAY when you finish i want you to run back to
> the start :P lol

Pff, I don't see that happening :p I don't see myself moving for a week afterwards, once I've passed that finishing line! Then again, if you want to give me a piggy back for 26 miles back, then feel free :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.