GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Addiction to your PS2 can cause paralyzation to your hands!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 12:08
Regular
Recently a boy in essex was taken to hospital after not being able to move his hands. He had been playing on his PS2 for 10 hours a day and for 14 days in a row. The vibration of his Duel Shock Controller 2 managed to somehow paralyze his hand. The boy has fully recovered but is taking Sony to court. The only problem the kid faces is the safety restrictions Sony put on their products. I think that it says you should only play your PS2 for 1 hour at a time with a 15 minute gap between plays. If the kid had listened to this i think that his hands may have recovered bofore starting to play again. If the kid wins then theres got to be something wrong with the law because on every game it says the safety information aswell.
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
A long session on crazy taxi makes me hands shakey lol.
Mon 08/04/02 at 20:18
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
My advice is to play for an hour, just like the warning says, then simply turn the vibration off.
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:56
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Look, the kid played the console for 7 hours on that day. Even though he felt EXTREME pain after 2 hours, he played fro another FIVE before not being able to go on!
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:04
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
lol, mgs 2 is pretty easy to complete and doesnt have that much rumbling action. a game like timesplitters does though!
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:00
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
Well one things for sure it cudn't have been MGS2 if it took him longer than 5 hours
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:40
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Must have also been quite an action packed game because games don't ussually make that much vibration. (the crowd think to themselves " here we go again") it may have been timesplitters!
Sat 06/04/02 at 18:37
Regular
I heard about this also but it doesn't worry me at all because i don't normally play my PS2 for 10 hours a day and if i do then i don't do it for 2 weeks so i'll be fine.
Sat 06/04/02 at 14:46
The 1 hour thing is in the small print on the first page. I've heard people who cant be bothered to read the manual and just launch in to the game. They then spend ages trying to work out the controls and often miss key moves ie: combos. I always read the manual (if I'm not driving I read it on the way home) before I play the game.
There's nearly always useful info on the teams/characters, a message or something at the beginning (your commander addressing you or something basically things that you don't get in the game as such.
To be honest I don't obey the 1 hour thing. I can be on for a few hours with gaps in between for getting food or doing something that needs to be done. There usually isn't timefor me to play constantly all day. Few games last that long anyway without repeating yourself.
Maybe this person can say the warning wasn't obvious enough (people have said that labels on some foods arent obvious but hey so far everyone knows about the rule. Wether they obey it or not is their choice. Besides Sony can hardly poster the warning sign over the front of the box etc. Maybe, for the idots out there, they could put a clear warning before the game starts but I don't think it's worth the effort.
Sat 06/04/02 at 13:56
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
I read about this 2 and i must admit the shaking worries me! Still im not gonna turn the function off.

That 1 hour playing warning is for epilepsy
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:45
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
You know people who are feed and drink through a tube whilst playing their games console?!? Lucky...I mean...damn
idiots!

-lol, no, but I know a few mothers who simply shovel fast food crud into their little fat cherubs, without even a second thought! - frightening!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.