GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"InstantPro on subdomain"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/13 at 17:49
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Should I be able to publish an instantPro site on a subdomain?

I've published a skeletal site on InstantPro using a subdomain (which seemed to be an acceptable option during the site creation process) but after several days wait it's still not found on tinternet.

I have definitely made the site live.

..or am I doing something wrong?

I'll raise a ticket if you need to look into this further.

thanks

JTD
Tue 15/10/13 at 19:58
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
JimTheDog wrote:
Hi Eccles,

I did that when I was trying it out and saw that .zip was a supported file type. Perhaps there should be a sub-note about what is allowed within the zip.

Supported File types (by file extension) are shown below.
.gif .jpg .jpe .jif .jpeg .png .doc .ppt .htm l.txt .docx .docm .dotx .xls .xlsx .xlsm .xltx .xltm .xlsb .pptx .pptm .ppsx .ppsm .potx .potm .sldx .odt .ott .oth .odm .odg .otg .odg .otg .odp .otp .ods .ots .odc .odf .odb .pdf .rtf. epub .lrf [b].zip[/b] .rar .ex4 .mid .midi..epub ..mobi .flv .m4v .3gp .swf .dir .dcr .dxr .qt .qtc .qtl .mp3 .mpeg .mpg .mp4 .avi .wmv .asf .smx .wvx .wma .rm .ra .ram .rv .rmvb .ogg .oga .ogv

I'll look at the external URL but tbh that's kind defeating the object of having everything on a single site. I might as well go away and build my own.

Thanks anyway.

JTD

Hi JTD ...

Have been following this thread and checked out my site (hosted by Freeola) which has downloadable content (.exe files) contained within a zip file and all is well. Guess this only applies to an Instant Pro site then.
Tue 15/10/13 at 17:33
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Hi Eccles,

I did that when I was trying it out and saw that .zip was a supported file type. Perhaps there should be a sub-note about what is allowed within the zip.

Supported File types (by file extension) are shown below.
.gif .jpg .jpe .jif .jpeg .png .doc .ppt .htm l.txt .docx .docm .dotx .xls .xlsx .xlsm .xltx .xltm .xlsb .pptx .pptm .ppsx .ppsm .potx .potm .sldx .odt .ott .oth .odm .odg .otg .odg .otg .odp .otp .ods .ots .odc .odf .odb .pdf .rtf. epub .lrf [b].zip[/b] .rar .ex4 .mid .midi..epub ..mobi .flv .m4v .3gp .swf .dir .dcr .dxr .qt .qtc .qtl .mp3 .mpeg .mpg .mp4 .avi .wmv .asf .smx .wvx .wma .rm .ra .ram .rv .rmvb .ogg .oga .ogv

I'll look at the external URL but tbh that's kind defeating the object of having everything on a single site. I might as well go away and build my own.

Thanks anyway.

JTD
Tue 15/10/13 at 14:39
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You are correct in that we don't allow .zip uploads except when using the image uploader, where you can upload images zipped up (and rar).
You should be able to link externally however.
To see the supported file types edit a standard page and click the Link icon. Click browser and in the popup you should then see a link for 'supported file extensions'.
Tue 15/10/13 at 10:20
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
While I'm on the subject of InstantPro sites....

I take it you don't allow a link to a zip file which contains an .exe?

I'm trying to create a site with password protected pages which will allow the downloading of software packages (which I write, so I know are safe) - but when I try to create a link to the zip file, it appears to go through the process of uploading the file but the link is not created and the file does not appear in the uploaded file list.

Am I going to have to create a link to a different url, or will that also be blocked?

If anyone has done this sort of thing before then please share your experiences.

cheers
LGF
Mon 14/10/13 at 18:18
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Should be completely fixed now.
Mon 14/10/13 at 13:39
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
It's working now. Thanks.
Mon 14/10/13 at 12:31
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Thanks for the response.

The site wasn't much more than a tester to see if it would work. I can afford to wait a while before raising the urgency.

Cheers
LGF
Mon 14/10/13 at 09:59
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
We were aware of an issue with InstantPro and sub-domains a few days ago, which we thought we had resolved.

I will speak to the person in Systems responsible for the last fix and get him to have another look for you later today.

Feel free to still submit a Support Ticket if you would like us to look an anything specific to your site, however.
Mon 14/10/13 at 09:52
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Cheers Hmmm....

I see a support ticket coming on...
Mon 14/10/13 at 09:10
"Are you sure?"
Hi JTD,
My Freeola InstantPro Site uses a (free) sub-domain ok.

If you have made your site live as you say then it would be available immediately if all is well - so I guess this is one for Freeola to look at.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.