GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"InstantPro on subdomain"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/10/13 at 17:49
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Should I be able to publish an instantPro site on a subdomain?

I've published a skeletal site on InstantPro using a subdomain (which seemed to be an acceptable option during the site creation process) but after several days wait it's still not found on tinternet.

I have definitely made the site live.

..or am I doing something wrong?

I'll raise a ticket if you need to look into this further.

thanks

JTD
Fri 18/10/13 at 19:14
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
JimTheDog wrote:
heavy sigh. I've binned the site and wrote my own now.

At least I've brought a little bit of something good into the world.

JTD

Nice one JTD ... the world will appreciate it :¬)
Fri 18/10/13 at 13:19
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
heavy sigh. I've binned the site and wrote my own now.

At least I've brought a little bit of something good into the world.

JTD
Thu 17/10/13 at 16:36
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Oh no, this change took about 2 minutes to do. Should work now if you upload ZIP files via the editor link icon it should allow them. If you upload them via the image icon or via the gallery/image archive upload it will unzip the archive and store each file after checking that it's valid.

JS plugin...might be able to get onto that shortly, but not for the current editor, something better might appear:)
Thu 17/10/13 at 16:28
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
I will look into doing this shortly.

Hopefully the InstantPro JavaScript plugin is still above it on your TTDL ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Thu 17/10/13 at 16:10
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Alternatively I could be nice and helpful and allow ZIP and RAR file uploads to InstantPro:)

I will look into doing this shortly.
Thu 17/10/13 at 11:48
"Are you sure?"
@Norfolker
I've replied to your other thread in case you read this first...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 16/10/13 at 20:39
Regular
I have register 4 website names to but have only created one site on InstantPro and had the remaining 3 point to this one site. How to ensure these 3 names are also verified on a Google Search? Do I need to register them on my Google account and then how do I verify them?
Wed 16/10/13 at 10:34
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Hi Hmmm,

I did think of that option but didn't want to mess on with two subdomains - though thinking it over again, it doesn't seem too much different from uploading to a single site once I'd got the links sorted out. I might come back to this approach.

Anyway - I've scrubbed the InstantPro site (for now).

My end users don't want to be renaming files...plus I think I've seen before where spam/malware filters can detect a program filewithin a zip regardless of what it's called.

JTD
Wed 16/10/13 at 09:42
"Are you sure?"
If you have your InstantPro site running as a sub-domain can't you just create another sub-domain to host the downloads?

www.mymainsite.com
www.intstantpro.mymainsite.com
www.downloads.mymainsite.com

You would then FTP the zipped exe to the downloads URL and update the InstantPro site to reference them.

I guess you're trying to do something specific so this might not be what you are after though... :¬)

Another option depending who your target audience is, would be to rename the exe in the folder to something allowable and put instructions for the visitor to rename the file once they've downloaded it.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/10/13 at 20:35
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
DL wrote:

Hi JTD ...

Have been following this thread and checked out my site (hosted by Freeola) which has downloadable content (.exe files) contained within a zip file and all is well. Guess this only applies to an Instant Pro site then.

Thanks DL,

I suspect that is the case.

I was trying to avoid writing yet another web site but it looks like I'm going to have to. Ho hum.. better get on with it.

JTD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.