GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Staff! save us from the rabid JAT!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/10/02 at 22:03
Regular
meaning "yankee doodle" aka oinks. Well im assuming this as oinks was an idiot spammer and so is yankee doodle.

but what can be done? someone comes on and ruins fourms with spam, you ban em and they come back in another guise and continue on their spamathon.

i just get annoyed by this as it is a complete waste by typic hundreds of single letter posts.

:(

*is annoyed*
Sun 13/10/02 at 10:41
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Mystique wrote:
> You know, if you ignore him and let his threads just drop, he'll get
> bored and go away.
>
> But I bet you bright sparks already knew that.

Yeah, but these guys are persistent, if ignored, they'll just bump their posts and annoy people who've spent a hell of a lot of time writing a decent post and it ends up dropping. (happened to me...)
Sun 13/10/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hey, here's an idea - why not log the user's IP adresses, if someone is banned, then you can check the IP addresses of any suspicious users and you'll be able to ban them again. Worth a shot, SR
Sun 13/10/02 at 10:30
"The Will of D."
Dark Mark wrote:
> We were all JATs when we first joined these forums, and were all
> spammers back then; met with the same complete and utter contempt that
> we give the JATs arriving now. Just give them a chance to get used to
> how things are done on the forums, and they'll soon quit the spamming
> and start treating us to some, hopefully, quality topics and areas of
> discussion.
I never actually came onto the chat forums back then, I only came on them in August when I was a newbie not a JAT.
Sun 13/10/02 at 10:27
"+ suspicious minds"
biman, BIMAN! what the hell is wrong with me?!
Sun 13/10/02 at 10:26
"+ suspicious minds"
i was a rad JAT, just ask biman or microchips, they'll tell ya.

*threatens microchips with big knife*
Sun 13/10/02 at 06:00
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
planty of JATs are ok, however the current crop (oinks, yankee) well they are both the same person but the amout of crap posted by them is amazing. Ignoring them won't work because they will continue to spam to try and get our attention and spam worse. Ho hum.
Sun 13/10/02 at 03:19
"Stupid Newbie :D"
gerrid wrote:
> Have you ever seen me whinge?

*Clears throat*

"Waaaaa... don't pick on DW!"

I find it highly amusing you and the rest of ther hair bare bunch were doing the exact opposite on his SR sucks topic. ;)
Sun 13/10/02 at 01:15
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Something I made up, and became very funny. Kind of like a cathphrase so to speak, I'd explain it exactly but I can't be bothered, people on here who know it will laugh or at least crack a smile and that's good enough for me.
Sun 13/10/02 at 01:04
Regular
"Balls"
Starlight wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> They would spend their time thinking up great taglines, like
> "poor holly"
>
> Do you know where I got it from though?
>
> Classic.

nope i wanna know. tell us poor folk.
Sun 13/10/02 at 01:01
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
gerrid wrote:
> They would spend their time thinking up great taglines, like
> "poor holly"

Do you know where I got it from though?

Classic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.