GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else get headaches when playin FPS?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/10/02 at 17:02
Regular
As Timesplitters 2 is out this friday and looks an amazing game. When i played the demo and also when playin Medal Of Honor, i got headaches.

They are the only FPS i've played on PS2, and i wondered if anyone else felt funny or felt bad after playin em.

Is it anything to do with motion sickness?

It just seems wired that it only happens in FPS games.

Mark
Wed 16/10/02 at 08:12
Regular
"size does matter"
I don't get headaches, but nausea. And only with FPS. Therefore I do not buy such games. It's the same effect as with getting seasick. What your eyes see, is not what your body feels.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Word XP gives me more headaches than any FPS game ever could...

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Stupid, isn't it.
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:59
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
You may have noticed that on my last post i wrote a** instead of the 'naughty' word. You can say CRAP, but you can't say a**
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:58
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
J-42 wrote:
> No.
No i tell a lie. I feel horrible when annoying little things succh as Pikachu are leaping about as if they have got their A** on fire!
*Shuddering*
Tue 15/10/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
No.
Tue 15/10/02 at 17:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The only game that made me feel sick was the original V-Rally on the PS1.

First time I played a 3D racing game, and it made my head spin so much I had to lie down in bed and try and sleep it off. Not a pleasant feeling, but I think the only reason it caused me to be ill was because I'd never seen a 3D racing game before moving at the speeds it was going.

First and only time thats happened though.
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I get eye strain when playing Burnout, does this count ??
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:43
Pikachu!
Tue 15/10/02 at 16:23
Regular
I feel sick when playing computer games... if they happen to have Pokemon or Mario or some other stupid character in it...

...which reminds me that Digitiser put Mario Sunshine top of their 2002 chart. Idiots! But then most of us knew that, and have known for the last 2 years at least.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.