GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else get headaches when playin FPS?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/10/02 at 17:02
Regular
As Timesplitters 2 is out this friday and looks an amazing game. When i played the demo and also when playin Medal Of Honor, i got headaches.

They are the only FPS i've played on PS2, and i wondered if anyone else felt funny or felt bad after playin em.

Is it anything to do with motion sickness?

It just seems wired that it only happens in FPS games.

Mark
Mon 14/10/02 at 17:02
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
As Timesplitters 2 is out this friday and looks an amazing game. When i played the demo and also when playin Medal Of Honor, i got headaches.

They are the only FPS i've played on PS2, and i wondered if anyone else felt funny or felt bad after playin em.

Is it anything to do with motion sickness?

It just seems wired that it only happens in FPS games.

Mark
Mon 14/10/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, I get headaches when I play FPS's aswell. Its more of a migrane which leads to me being sick every time. It happened today actually. I was sick 3 times.

And I know you all wanted to know this sooo... it looked like porridge.

:-)
Mon 14/10/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Notable"
I get headaches when I play anygames.......I get sick of games.....I play games while I sick.......I play sick games....Games play me coz Imsick....do you havecurefor sickgamesaand HEADzxzvACHES?
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:15
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I get a form of motion sickness when I play MOH. I can sometimes keep it in check, but a couple of times I've literally had to go and lie down in the middle of a game. I guess it's a side effect of the 'walking' motion cos I don't feel ill in racing games and there is just as much on-screen movement in those.
Tue 15/10/02 at 11:17
Regular
I get sick... but only when I`m not playing games :D
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:53
"You love us!"
oasismark wrote:
> As Timesplitters 2 is out this friday and looks an amazing game. When
> i played the demo and also when playin Medal Of Honor, i got
> headaches.
>
maybe you should try playing the game when you're not standing on your head. works for me! :-p
Tue 15/10/02 at 12:57
Regular
"  "
I get what they call Cronic Motion sickness because my brain cant register what is real and what is not and you get a nausere feeling. Only when I play FPS mind.
Tue 15/10/02 at 13:47
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
So i'm not mad, cheers guys.

I guess all those people who feel ill, will still be getting Timesplitters 2 on Friday, putting up with the pain for the through the night gameing session and throwing up saturday ;)
Tue 15/10/02 at 13:47
Regular
"  "
I wont. Played the demo and had to go to bed after 20 minute session. :(
Tue 15/10/02 at 15:28
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I think i'm right in saying that headaches only occurs in games that "bob" around when walkin/running? that's true for me anyway.

I can play unreal 2003 demo (pc) for ages and not feel ill, but 30 mins on medal of honor (ps2) and i have't turn it off.

There should be an option where you can turn on/off bobbin runnin.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.