GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ungrateful"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/04/02 at 19:40
Regular
The Playstation 2, and most of it's owners, really didn't deserve Metal Gear Solid 2 at all. Maybe the PC gamers should have got it, or the Xbox fans..... Let me explain.

Derided by many magazines who got hold of import copies and acclaimed by the Official Magazine which was then accused of being biased, Metal Gear Solid 2 has become the game many love to hate. Initial criticism covered the stupendously long cut scenes - the famous "20 minuter" - Raiden having blonde hair, the opening level of Big Shell being identical to the original game, the Big Shell level being too similar to the original game, minor graphical glitches like disappearing bodies and so on. In hsort the game was ripped apart, bought by many, taken home, finished in a weekend and that was it. The Playstation 2's greatest game had come and gone.

Ever since the introduction of the CD-ROM on PCs gamers, magazines and the whole games industry has clammered ofr a truly cinematic game. We've all wanted to play in our own movie yet have a certain amount of control, and a decent plot that would fit on osmethng bigger than a postage stamp, a plot that really made us think, a unique one bigger than "kill the bad guys and save the girl".

Well in Metal Gear Solid 2 we finally got it. A plot so unique that it surpassed the MAtrix and every X Files ever made. What is reality and does it matter ? Feelingsan experience are everything.

Hideo Kojima is a genius. But many couldn't see past Raiden's blonde locks......

Metal Gear Solid 2 is a seminal miliestone of a game. But many just dashed through it in 3 hours......

We didn't deserve it, lets hope Kojima doesn't also think that way of us Europeans as well eh ?
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:57
Regular
"360: swfcman"
nh wrote:
I
> for one will be grateful as long as it is as good as the majority of you who
> post on here have said. (If not then I will be after you - especially PE !)

lol

But im telling you, or anyone that hasnt got it, it truely is one of the best video games out there to buy at the minute. Its one of those games that needs to be more than played, it needs to be understood, thought about and so on. Its much more than a game, its and interative movie/game with excellents parts to play and excellent things to watch.

Lots of people on here have moaned about little things that effect the game badly, but no one really has shouted about all the truely great things about the game. But the thing is, its not a bad game, its truely great. I think why many have said bad things about it is that some just wanted to be on the band wagon, and when some well respected forum member says something bad about it people follow suit, not all of them, just quite a few of them.
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:29
"High polygon count"
Plasma etc. stays, but bodies definitely disappear. I am currently fighting my way back out of the Library level, and the bodies from when I came in are no longer there.
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Bodies do disappear in Halo - trust me, I have it.

They stay while you're in
> the room, but leave and come back, and they're gone.

You better get a new Xbox, as thats never happened to me. I've been back to other places at the start of the level and everything is just how it was, bodies in the same place, guns, grenades, bullet holes, plasma stains the whole lot still stays there.
Thu 04/04/02 at 16:10
Regular
"Hmmm....."
ok,
well i posted it in the customer services thing just to show him.
not bothered if he doesnt read it or anything but i just wanted to show him the full thing.
doesnt really matter because i won but i wanted the full thing to be seen.

ah well
Thu 04/04/02 at 16:07
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
No - don't go posting reviews here - It's the kind of thing that Snuggly will definately frown upon !
Thu 04/04/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Read my review, it won me my first ever GAD!

Or maybe if you really want i'll post the real big one that i did and then had to cut it down to shape to fit the 4000 character mark.

Which do you prefer?

Shall i post the real big one?
Well its not THAT big but its a little longer than the one that won the GAD.

Its just got a brief plot and bit more detail than the one that won.

What do you think?
Thu 04/04/02 at 15:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
It all comes down to the - ya booh sucks - I finished it first syndrome.

All the waiting for the most hyped PS2 game to date and all that mattered to so many was to pick as many holes as possible. Well I havn't played it (yet !) but have read enogh of the feedback on here to know that if you give it a chance then there is plenty to do and find and there is also plenty of replay value.

I for one will be grateful as long as it is as good as the majority of you who post on here have said. (If not then I will be after you - especially PE !)
Thu 04/04/02 at 15:48
Regular
"Hmmm....."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Bodies do disappear in Halo - trust me, I have it.

They stay while you're in
> the room, but leave and come back, and they're gone.

----------

oh, ok then.
its just what i heard from someone.
they said that they stay there.

ah well.
not that im really bothered about it. :D
Thu 04/04/02 at 15:46
"High polygon count"
Bodies do disappear in Halo - trust me, I have it.

They stay while you're in the room, but leave and come back, and they're gone.
Thu 04/04/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I think people have said that in Halo the bodies dont dissapear but im not so sure because ive not played it.

This topic started off good and couldve started something and maybe earned a GAD but i dont think you explained enough and didnt go into much detail.
Good concept though and i agree with you on what your saying.

Good post.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.