GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Was it really so long ago?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/10/00 at 17:26
Regular
Was it that long ago when not everyone had a console in their rooms and the Megadrive and SNES battled it out amongst the space underneath the television?
I remember the megadrive well, it had some of the best 2D platform games and arcade conversions available, thanks to the fact that it was a Sega machine. Although against the SNES it looked weak, it was the games that the Snes never had, or didn't do very well, that really sold the machine, things like the classic Golden Axe and Outrun. These were some of my favorite all-time games and top amongst them was the incredible Sonic the Hedgehog. In fact, I've now got the sonic jam compilation on the Saturn and Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast, based mainly on playing it originally on the megadrive.
Golden Axe on the megadrive was excellent too, almost all the bits from the arcade were faithfully reproduced and the best part was not having to put endless amounts of ten pences in to complete it!
There are many other classics, Streets of Rage (1,2 and 3), Columns - the only good rival to tetris and lots more that made the megadrive such a special machine to own. The only thing I just can't believe is how long ago that was!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 24/11/00 at 15:38
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Oh did I mention I really hate Sony?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.