GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2.....Is It All The Things You Hoped It Was?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/04/02 at 14:23
Regular
I've played many games for PS2 on many of my friends' PS2s. I think it's okay. But is that really what it is? Is "Just Okay" in under-statment or an over-statement? I know it has DVD capabilities and it has great graphics, but is it all that you hoped for? I think like any other consoles it wasn't exactly what I had expected, but it was still a great console. What did you think of yours?
Wed 03/04/02 at 14:23
I've played many games for PS2 on many of my friends' PS2s. I think it's okay. But is that really what it is? Is "Just Okay" in under-statment or an over-statement? I know it has DVD capabilities and it has great graphics, but is it all that you hoped for? I think like any other consoles it wasn't exactly what I had expected, but it was still a great console. What did you think of yours?
Wed 03/04/02 at 15:04
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I think the PS2 is a good console - it does what it says it does. What makes a console great is the games that can be played on it and although the PS2 has some great games I dont think it has enough yet.

Ask anybody what their fave game is and how many say something other than GTA3, Pro Evo, MGS2 or maybe GT3 ?. So the PS2 has 3 or 4 really great games at the moment.

The PS2 will only shine when the developers actually produce the quality titles that will inevitably come. As with all consoles it usually takes the developers a period of time to come to terms with how the thing works to produce the best gameplay and graphics.

We will see the fruits of this over the next couple of years.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Currently i have 25 games in my collection of PS2 games, 10 of them about or what i class as very good games, 6 of them are what i call brilliant games and the rest are ok or crap. Like nh said, there are some good games out on the PS2 but there arent really enough brilliant games available at the moment. Pritty soon the PS2 should be hitting about the level where its going to have to really peak, and when this comes im sure there will be lots of ace titles flooding in, and that should start with FF10.

So far, the console is pritty much what i expected, its offered me what i wanted, some good games to play and ones that i have always really enjoyed. There isnt much its left me asking for, a few more extra ace titles i suppose but other than that it is what i hoped for.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:13
"©opy Right™"
Shouldn't you be saying is MGS2 what you expected because it certainly wasnt in my eyes.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Indeed - The games that pS2 needs are the likes of FF10, Colin Mcrae 3, Toca Race Driver, Stuntman and any of the great beatem ups coming VF4, Tekken4, Soul Calibur 2. There are bound to be more great titles coming that I cant remember at the moment but these are what are really needed to really keep the PS2 at the top of the tree.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:19
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The Exterminator wrote:
> Shouldn't you be saying is MGS2 what you expected because it certainly wasnt in
> my eyes.

No - that one has been covered in all the MGS2 topics - this topic was about the PS2 itself...
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:23
Regular
The Exterminator wrote:
> Shouldn't you be saying is MGS2 what you expected because it certainly wasnt in
> my eyes.

I actually thought this was a great game, better than a hell of a lot of stuff that has come out of late, top story, good game play and excellent graphics.

Even kept me off Pro Evo for a week.
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:26
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Pro Evo wrote:
> The Exterminator wrote:
> Shouldn't you be saying is MGS2 what you expected
> because it certainly wasnt in
> my eyes.

Even kept me off Pro Evo for a
> week.

Wow - That must put it in the exceptional class then :)
Wed 03/04/02 at 16:30
Regular
Hey, no other game ever kept me from playing Pro Evo at all, so for it to keep me away for a week was sure something. :D
Wed 03/04/02 at 18:01
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
The PS2 was what I had hoped for, but obviously expectations never end there do they?

Seeing what the PS2 can do, you just wonder what the PS3's going to be like and if it can reach your greater expectation.

Right now I'm satisfied with the PS2 and the range of games that have been developed. Sure there are some worthless games for it, but the majority of the games developed have been of high standard.

The PS2 looks to me like an all-round console. It has the capacity for every game development, whether for children or adults, all games seem to fit in with the console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.