GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"`im never buying from SR again"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/04/02 at 10:05
Regular
thats it i`ve had enough 7 times i`ve ordered with them and 6 times the games are later then they say they will be (usally 7 days)now i wouldn`t mind if it was one or two but 6 times thats it. i always order a game before the holidays so i`ll have sumin to do when it rains. so i ordered the sims on thursday and it still hasn`t come ,ok i know it was easter, but even with that it should be here today. if i went to the shop i`d be playing it right now.

Wots the longest you have had to wait for a game from special reserve.
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well despite what you lot have said about your bad experiences, i'm still ordering my Dreamcast and games from SR on Monday! :P
And i'll also get my Cube from them in June too!

I trust them! :)
Wed 17/04/02 at 13:25
Regular
I've dealt with about 10-15 online retailers of console games. Theres about 5 though which i end up using 99% of the time and special reserve is one of them. I'm more price led than speed led I have to say. I'd rather save a couple of quid and wait a day or so. However I don't find special reserve any slower than other online stores except for game/eb who are exceptionally fast but then there prices aren't as good on average.

One firm gameplay I've found generally to be a complete disaster and now won't use them unless its a real bargain. They sent me an old knacked dc instead of the new one I'd ordered. yes honestly. It had a real worn out box and either it was a return or some old display stock from one of their shops. It had a huge £199.95 star sticker on it which was all worn around the edges. Took about 3 weeks to sort.

My main critiscism of special reserve is the reddies. You buy one item for £5 you get one reddie, you buy another item for £120 and you get one reddie. I also think they should be more creative with reddies allowing discount of games and consoles or something like that. Basically I've bought so much from the bristol shop and online that I keep running out of stuff to buy from their gift selection. Got about 15 reddies at the moment to make use of but nothing I really fancy from the gift selection.

One idea would be to have a reddies raffle. People get to choose to use one reddie or more to get entry into a raffle for a console or dvd player or something like that. However the raffle would have a set amount of reddies entries. So lets say it was a widescreen tv worth £800. Only 1000 reddies would be accepted to enter the raffle. So if you entered 2 reddies you would have a 1 in 500 chance of winning. Pretty amazing odds as competitions go. A dvd player would be even less perhaps 1 in 200 chance of winning. This would help people who are struggling to choose a gift and mean less administration and packing for sr.

I wouldn't do it for small prizes though with odds like 1 in 20 as peoples expectations of winning may become too unrealistic. They might enter 3 or 4 raffles and start getting annoyed they've never won.
Mon 15/04/02 at 22:05
Regular
"Brrrrr."
about 8 days. It was for my mate's birthday present and It arrived late. That's the only trouble I've had, though. Compared to SR's strengths, this is nothing.

Long live Special Reserve!!!
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:24
DeltaJava wrote:
> I had a few delays, but I still like Special Reserve's service and
> range of products.
>
> By the way, if there are any SR staff reading this and cross
> referencing my user name to my customer details, the reason I haven't
> ordered recently is because my parents have been forcing me to open my
> mail in their view, so they can see what I've been ordering. So
> unfortunately, I've had to buy all my products since from Game (EB).
> Sorry.

Sounds like you have been a bit naughty and are having to buy elsewhere for your sins !!. Let's hope you get a reduced sentence for good behaviour and can start ordering from SR again very soon.
Sat 13/04/02 at 22:49
I had a few delays, but I still like Special Reserve's service and range of products.

By the way, if there are any SR staff reading this and cross referencing my user name to my customer details, the reason I haven't ordered recently is because my parents have been forcing me to open my mail in their view, so they can see what I've been ordering. So unfortunately, I've had to buy all my products since from Game (EB). Sorry.
Thu 11/04/02 at 13:09
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
What a load of rot-Special Reserve are one of the fastest mail-delivery companies I have ever used, more fault can probably be laid at the feet of The 'Post' Service.
Thu 04/04/02 at 07:46
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I got Sonic Advance two days before release !!!
It was great !!!
Wed 03/04/02 at 23:24
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Damn straight!

You don't expect SR to work over the holidays do we now? Well, not the Post Office peeps anyway.
Wed 03/04/02 at 23:10
Regular
You ordered it on Thursday and you expect it to be at your house now?

Who do you think delivers the mail, the Wizard of fecking Oz?

It's Wednesday today, take off the weekend and Good Friday and the Bank Holiday Monday and that means it's had 2 days to get to you and the fact is it will take a few days for Special Reserve to process the order, there's no way you should have it by.

If your gonna be this impatient why use Mail Order? now sit down and stop monaing you impatient little tart..
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:50
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ha! You must live in the most abscure place in the UK. I have always had my games between 1-3 days.

Good 'ol SR!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.