GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"There's ants in my kitchen"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 23:15
Regular
I think I am turning into a girl... I mean last night I watch "Muriel's Wedding" and now I'm getting scared of ants. They're just six legged black dots right? Well, I know they are, but they're in my kitchen and they're crawling everywhere. So what if they found their way upstairs and decided to crawl on my face in the night? It's an outside chance, but a chance nonetheless.

I never used to be afraid of ants. I used to have a pet ant when I was really little. I kept him under a glass on my windowsill and called him Bert, after the sesamie street Bert (who was my idol back then). He only lasted a week or so, before succumbing to the lack of food/oxygen, but I wasn't to know that. The point is that he was an ant that I liked and didn't fear. And now I really don't like the things.

The one's in my kitchen have been quite sociable to be fair. I've known about them for a while and they only come out after 11:00 when most people are in bed. Also they clean up all the crumbs that you've left about. And that was an arrangement that I was happy to live with; it was an amicable agreement where the day was mine and the night was there's.

But no, that wasn't good enough for the ants; they wanted more. They started encroaching little by little on my designated hours. And then when I went downstairs this morning, and there they were, millions of the blighters, all over the floor and the worksurfaces and for what? Why had they broken our treaty? Because someone had left the lid off a tin of maple's golden syrup, syrup whose best-before was about six years ago*. The ants threw away an alliance in the mad sugar frenzy. Fortunately the majority got caught in the syrup and couldn't get out.

Now it's war. I have left out these new-fangled ant traps where the ants can get away, but with a lethal dose of poison that they take back to their nests. That was of course after I had massacred the ones out in the open.

I didn't actually mind the ants that much before, not while they were being sociable. However, they've over stepped the mark, and for that the penalty is death by poison.

*The old syrup just reminded me that we still have some lard that is actually older than me. A block of lard that passed its use-by date 19 years ago. And it's never actually been used, it just sits in our fridge and ages.
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:43
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I thought even cockroaches were creatures of God...
:-)
Thu 04/04/02 at 16:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grrrr...everyone's finding different ways of killing us.

Stop it! Kill the damn cockroaches, not us!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 13:10
Regular
There's a rot in ma kitchen, what am I gonna do...
Thu 04/04/02 at 00:28
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> We also had an Ant invasion.

Apparently, they don't like talcum powder, so if
> you live a line of it, they won't cross it. A cheaper alternative than some of
> the expensive poisons and the like.

Red ants just look meaner tthough, and
> apparently sting, and flying ants are just horrible little things.

I think the cheapest option is the good old aerosol flamethrower, but please remember THEY AVENGE THEIR DEAD!
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:29
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hahaha!

Never come round my house in Summer happy- Every year I have a huge outbreak of ant colonies in... the kitchen!

I think the last (and only!) time you came round we had ant poisson all over the floor. Luckily no one got drunk enough to end up collapsing on it, but it was a big concern!
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:11
Regular
I agree. This forum rules. I propose we rename it Life, The Universe, and Mr T.
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:55
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Funny, funny topic.
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:54
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Best way to kill ants, BOILING WATER get's all the little buggers !!!
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mr. Happy wrote:
The war against the ants
> is still raging. I destroyed tactical positions in the garden today while mowing
> the lawn. I was mowing and thinking how dirty the grass looked. But no, it
> wasn't dirt, it was a huge whopping ants' nest. So I pulverised the baggers with
> a lethal pressure hosing.

Dammit. You shall pay for that. One of my friend's friend's friends's great grandfather was in that nest.
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:23
Regular
There's a rot in ma kitchen, what am I gonna do...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.