GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda - Stuck in the past?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/10/02 at 17:34
Regular
s the world evolves, games tend to as well. For instance, nearly every invention has been included in one game or another.
But, why has Zelda not gone with the flow. Mario got a big Water Gun and went on holiday in a Plane, and a little man appeared in Pikmin wearing a Space suit.
But, one game has not evolved at all.
Zelda.

Of course, that may just be the most controversial thing I just said, and to avoid a sudden hailing of red-faced Nintys going on about the Graphics and Gameplay, I shall tell you my points.

Link still wears a little Robin Hood style outfit. The Zelda of today would be wearing a hoodie, trousers and some damned expensive trainers. If he still wanted to wear his usual, it would at least have a Nike tick somewhere on it, or the name of some horrible sounding kids rock band. And his hair wouldn’t be long, otherwise people would think he was gay. He’d either be skinhead or gelled hair.

His weapons are slightly outdated. He would not use a sword and go up close, he’d use a powerful gun and stay back. He wouldn’t use bombs or magical fairy dust to get through cracked walls, he would use a Rocket Launcher.

To go through a locked door, you do not push blocks around in certain orders, you stick a mine on the doorway, and if that fails, you do it again. No messing around for updated Link, why does the old Link have to mess around sticking big blocks in different areas and what not.

Today’s people do not need posession of a feather to be able to jump a small gap. And, instead of that little thing that makes him powerful, he would just go to the gym for a few hours each day before his adventure started.

Enemies need Guns, and Rocket Launchers, and big balls of Energy. Not just walk around and hit you when yuo go up to them.

But, besides that, Zelda games are quite good :-)
Fri 18/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
I think they should turn Zelda into a Conker style game, fart jokes, swearing and Princess Zelda getting her norks out.
Fri 18/10/02 at 16:42
Regular
Shut up you fools.
The topic is a JOKE.

Can you imagine:?

"The Legend of Zelda, from Nintendo, officially sponsored by Nike. Just do it. Featuring explosive scenery to make those doors so easy to get through. Also containing new enemies, who can be held hostage, and killed when you please. A new range of weapons including Rocket Launchers, Flamethrowers and AKs. Out this Winter. Certificate 15."
Fri 18/10/02 at 12:31
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I dont understand why its called legend of zelda for thr most recent game the gamecube one.
Fri 18/10/02 at 11:37
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> The kids STILL don't get it...
>
> Never mind. They'll learn. :-)

Don't get what? Are you implying that i'm SLOW!? ARGGGGH!
Fri 18/10/02 at 09:11
Regular
The kids STILL don't get it...

Never mind. They'll learn. :-)
Thu 17/10/02 at 22:54
Regular
i guess that means your post was made solely for GAD,
*Cough....loser*
Thu 17/10/02 at 22:37
"Wa-wa-west"
seriously though, why do things need to be so updated anyway. I think Zelda does just fine, being miles away from futuristic games and still being great. Its so good it even makes the Game Boy a good console (shocked expression), other than the other exception of Golden Sun.

by the way, i like those rock bands, its good to be a bit immature at times.
And yes, my hair is also long.
Thu 17/10/02 at 20:26
Regular
"NJAN"
im not a serious fool, im just tired of ppl coming in here and posting up stupid threads and then waiting for ppl to take them 'seriously', and then only to say 'haha... bla bla'.

post what you want but just make sure the rest of us can find the decent posts too!

amos.
Thu 17/10/02 at 17:14
Regular
Hur Hur.

You bunch of serious fools.
Thu 17/10/02 at 14:46
Regular
Man! You lot have taken this WAY too seriously!

He's joking incase you haven't noticed...

Anyway, Link's in full fashion.
Guns and stuff was SO 2001, as is polygon rendering.

Cel Shaded graphics, with some pretty neat wind effects to bring the world to life should make this one of the most stunning Zelda titles yet!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.