GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think that this forum has had its day."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/-1 at 00:00
Regular
I say.
Tue 16/04/02 at 17:19
"Mimmargh!"
Edgy wrote:
> Nothing but pain and misery to little children?
>
> My much younger cousin has enjoyed collecting the cards and enjoys
> playing the games...

I have played the gameboy game and its honestly quite good but the whole craze thing was ridiculous, how can you justify a forum too it?
Maybe because they wanted to get rid of people who filled the other forums with useless pokemon banter?

This forum has had its day whether you like it or not.
Mon 15/04/02 at 22:40
Regular
Nothing but pain and misery to little children?

My much younger cousin has enjoyed collecting the cards and enjoys playing the games...
Mon 15/04/02 at 20:44
"Mimmargh!"
Strafex wrote:
> Fogmaster, Mario and Zelda get more talk time but we don't need
> seperate forums for them.
>
> Pokemon the series is over - good riddance!
> Pokemon the movie is forgotten - about time!
> Pokemon the trading card game has been out of fashion for 2 years.
>
> That leaves Pokemon as a series of great Nintendo games.
>
> Like Zelda.
> Like Mario.
>
> And when people start talking about the new Pokemon games, it'll be
> shouted out in FoG and the Nintendo forum first.
> I don't think that this forum is needed anymore.
>
> There's enough room in the Nintendo forum for Pokemon news like there
> is for ANY Nintendo game news from Perfect Dark to F-Zero.

HEAR, HEAR! The pokemon craze has caused nothing but pain for little children who got bullied or conned for cards and parents who have had to fork out ridiculous sums of money.
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:54
Regular
Fogmaster, Mario and Zelda get more talk time but we don't need seperate forums for them.

Pokemon the series is over - good riddance!
Pokemon the movie is forgotten - about time!
Pokemon the trading card game has been out of fashion for 2 years.

That leaves Pokemon as a series of great Nintendo games.

Like Zelda.
Like Mario.

And when people start talking about the new Pokemon games, it'll be shouted out in FoG and the Nintendo forum first.
I don't think that this forum is needed anymore.

There's enough room in the Nintendo forum for Pokemon news like there is for ANY Nintendo game news from Perfect Dark to F-Zero.
Mon 15/04/02 at 17:57
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
I really do like pokemon but there are not very many decent chat posts in here. My brother bought me pokemon crystal for christmas. i thought it was wiked u pand till it was impossible to get all pokemon with out buying gold or silver! that really annoyed me! i reckon they should make a device that lets you trade pokemon over the internet! then this chat room could be really usefull. people could come in and say what they have to offer and what they need! what a good idea.
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:40
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
People still talk about Pokemon though, no reason why they should get rid of it, just makes more work for the SR team, If/when there are more Pokemon games released they'll waste valuble space in the Nintendo forum, now, you don't want that do you? this is the newbies cave, please let them stay in here.
Mon 15/04/02 at 10:47
Regular
All the arguments have been:

"I still play Pokémon and new games are coming out soon."

That wasn't my point. Sure we'll be playing Pokémon games for ages, just like we'll be playing our Mario's and Zelda's but there's nothing left to the franchise except for a couple of future games that can be just as easily talked about in FoG or the Nintendo forum.

I don't think we need this forum anymore.
Wed 10/04/02 at 19:52
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think they tried that, and it sucked, enough people make jokes on other forums, i doubt they'd want to keep their 'brilliance' to one forum.
Wed 10/04/02 at 07:20
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Yeah, they should change the old Pokémon forum for a new forum, like a 'Jokes' Forum
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:06
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Your so wrong, i'v just started playing it again, on my mission to complete Yellow for the second time as my Chansey needs eom good moves, I seem to have wasted the last lot. But the rest of it is far gone, and i'm happy to say it went quietly, 3 films was quite a stretch, but i'm glad they made 8 good games, 6 gameboy and 2 N64, not sure how many others there are, pinball...etc :p

but i'm definatly glad the series is almost over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.