GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA 2 is on its way!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/10/02 at 18:30
Regular
If you already havent seen the new edge magazine, they have a few sketch designs on the upcoming GamBoy Advnace 2. Basically the skectches they have are very simple ones. The new design will feature a screen that will open up and close.

I didn't read the article as I wasn't bothered, just saw the pics when I was down WHSmith! LOL!

No idea when its out, but it looks like Ninty are working on GBA2.
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Ok, Ive been sniffing around on the net to find the article or the design sketches of the ones Edge had, and finally I've found it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jr.newton/GBAC/gba2/edge1.jpg

It shows the article in this months edge about the GBA2, you can see for yourself what i was trying to say about the design!!
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:29
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Taken from http://www.gameofthemoment.com/

GBA2 Confirmed?

TotalVideoGames has a scoop saying they've confirmed that a new GBA is coming from Nintendo, which was rumored last week. Assuming this isn't just a rumor, it will be interesting to see how much of this pans out and what kind of backlash Nintendo would receive from current GBA owners. I rarely played mine because of the horrible lighting and this would be nice, but I sure would hope they offer some sort of rebate. Thanks EA.
From the look of things all the details that were announced last week, will feature in the new GBA. So a new-look which features a flip-top lid akin to the Game & Watch titles will feature, however the machine will still look like a normal GBA when folded down. This has allowed Nintendo to increase the screen size and more importantly implement a backlight, all of which is powered by the new battery type.

Extra improvements include two new face buttons, making a total of four and two shoulder buttons for more accurate SNES ports, whilst the rumour of a new CPU and extra RAM also seems to be correct. We’ve heard from close sources that the machine will feature infrared connectivity to replace the cable, a feature that developers have had to incorporate into their titles right from the start.

We’ve heard that the new machine will be released in Japan during November, followed by a December release in the US, with Europe following in March 2003. The only aspect that hasn’t been confirmed yet seems to be the official name of the machine; the only name we’ve heard so far has been the Super GameBoy Advance...
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:18
Regular
"The Eliminator" wrote:
> So they were lying about the Gamecube being their last console....

When did Nintendo ever say that?
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Can't see Nintendo releasing a handheld console like you describe any time soon really.

:)
Fri 18/10/02 at 19:01
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Er how can I explain, basically its the normal shape of the current GBA, but with a fold out screen on hinges. Like a laptop screen you open it up, its sort of like that. I think the screen is bigger, accroding to the design sketches. But this would make the GBA2 twice the size.
Wed 16/10/02 at 22:20
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> da_1_n_only wrote:
> >The new design will feature a fold out screen

i wrote this bit from memory so thats why it's different from what it is really like.
Anyway, it is possible to have a fold out screen, it would be like having four flat LCD screens on hinges which click together, eack showing a different(damn it keep spelling that wrong) picture, when they are clicked closed all you see is the thin black lines where they are attached, of course i was being stupid at the time so i didn't think about using a controller(hmm, maybe a fold out controller?)
Wed 16/10/02 at 22:20
Tribute wrote:
> Fold out screen? How the hell would that work?
Hinges, duh! Well it would protect the screen while it's not in use and it would probably have a built in light so we can play scary games in the darK!
Wed 16/10/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Festivus!"
Fold out screen? How the hell would that work?
Wed 16/10/02 at 22:04
Regular
da_1_n_only wrote:
>The new design will feature a fold out screen

Damn, thats weird, i remember a few years ago just as the GBA was announced after the codename Atlantis changed that i made up a lie that the GBA had a fold out screen type thing that made it the size of a 17 inch TV.
Are Ninty (ive been reading too much Gamesmaster) tapping into my untapped genious brain? that'd make them a lot of money using my brain for ideas coz damn im i smart :)
Wed 16/10/02 at 21:53
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Gangsta2002 wrote:
> da_1_n_only wrote:
> The hand held future is bright.
>
> lets hope the screen is aswell!

LOL! Those magnifier and lights for the current GBA suck!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.