GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX, IS IT'S GLORY GOING TO LAST???"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 15:00
Regular
Do you think xbox will turn out to be the best, or do you think it will get totally thrashed by the PS2, tell me what you think is going to happen
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:30
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
In a large scale way, wether the xbox will keep up is very much going to be dependant on price.

In a world where ps2 launched at £300, it seems odd that nearly everyone on these forums has moaned at some time or another about the cost of xbox. This is partly casued by the forthcomming Nintendo gamecube which in this war is set to 'shake things up' as it were, especailly considering difference in price.

Owning a U.S xbox was my first venture into the world of xbox, and i loved it played it to death and then promptly sold my u.s machine with the intention of gettign a uk one on launch, but now iam left with a dilema as i have found the Gamecube quite attractive.

Rumours are already around the internet (and even teletext digitiser) that gamecube will reduce in price if sony reduces price of ps2, which does make me wonder if xbox can keep up that combined with the fact that compared to the other two consoles it seems that xbox has almost half of the games on uk release. I hope that xbox makes more of a impact soon, as otherwise its under serious threat from nintendo. Especially when i realised the other day i could get a Gamecube, Portable 5" screen and battery pack for price of a xbox.
Mon 08/04/02 at 11:21
Regular
"accidental superher"
OB1bons wrote:
> beanz wrote:
it seems quite strange for you to come chatting on these
> forums
> considering 1. you don't play it... 2. you're female (no offence or
> anything but
> how many females do you see on these forums who do not play
> videogames)...

AWWW come on beanz give me abreak asI said I like the Xbox and
> have I ever given a stupid answer to any of the other questions put to me if I
> cant answer then myself then I will ask the boys
GIS A Break and dont throw me
> out for saying my opinion
Ria

hey don't worry i'm not trying to throw you out....i don't have ANYTHING against you....i haven't got any complaints about your posts...it's just that i find it strange that's all
Mon 08/04/02 at 10:54
thats NOT ASL it's AS I
SORRY
RIA
Mon 08/04/02 at 10:53
beanz wrote:
it seems quite strange for you to come chatting on these forums
> considering 1. you don't play it... 2. you're female (no offence or anything but
> how many females do you see on these forums who do not play videogames)...

AWWW come on beanz give me abreak asI said I like the Xbox and have I ever given a stupid answer to any of the other questions put to me if I cant answer then myself then I will ask the boys
GIS A Break and dont throw me out for saying my opinion
Ria
Mon 08/04/02 at 10:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
beanz wrote:
> i think they should have let you save and be able to quit and then start from
> that point again....cos each time i play i HAVE to be there for at least an
> hour...
and if i were to play it on legendary or heroic...probably longer!

Well you can save nearly where ever you want. Each checkpoint can be saved at, and one you lopad up the level you start at that point. There are loads of checkpoints in the levels, so really its not a problem.
Mon 08/04/02 at 00:51
Regular
"accidental superher"
i think they should have let you save and be able to quit and then start from that point again....cos each time i play i HAVE to be there for at least an hour...
and if i were to play it on legendary or heroic...probably longer!
Sun 07/04/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
beanz wrote:
halo isn't a short game...thing is though once you start a level you
> have to play until you finish it cos you can't save mid mission and then come
> back to it later (or can you??).

Yep you can save mid level. The checkpoints act as temp saves in the game. Once you reach a checkpoint and then pause the game and select save and quit then its saves it from the last checkpoint. It doesnt automatically save the game, so if you want to mess about on a level you can do, but dont save and quit.
Sun 07/04/02 at 12:28
"Mimmargh!"
I've never played the X-BOX but it seems to have attracted a poor reputation, probly because people are jealous of Microsofts success; though if it took a monopoly on the console market as well that would be a bit greedy.

I think PS2 will continue to do well because theres just so many titles now. And GameCube is so darn cheap (of course no DVD player). I don't think the X-BOX will flop but I think it will need more aclaimeds titles and possibly a price drop later in the year. Many people have remarked Halo is all hype, anyway I have never played it so I won't judge.
Sun 07/04/02 at 12:19
Regular
"accidental superher"
well the change from the master system to a ps1 is IMMENSE...and also MANY years apart.
halo isn't a short game...thing is though once you start a level you have to play until you finish it cos you can't save mid mission and then come back to it later (or can you??).
each mission takes about an hour to complete i reckon.
it seems quite strange for you to come chatting on these forums considering 1. you don't play it... 2. you're female (no offence or anything but how many females do you see on these forums who do not play videogames)...
Sat 06/04/02 at 22:43
Well my husband says he very disappointed with the XBox he says it's not what he expected like there was no WOW when it was turned on. When we had Saga master System and the change to Sony Play Station he said there was a WOW between them but he cant see the difference between that and the XBox

I don’t Know what he’s talking about cause I love it even though I don’t play it but it looks good and the boys like the games

One of the Twins have cleared 6 levels of Halo out of 10 so he has calmed down and stopped playing he only bought it on Thursday and that’s on normal

Rock on XBOX
Ria

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.