GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo: Whiplash Evolved"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/04/02 at 00:44
Regular
I got an xbox on the day of release from specialreserve and i was fortunate to get a copy of Halo with it, aswell as Rallisport challenge.

Anyway....I gradually worked my way through the first couple of levels fo Halo and got stumped by that silent cartographer level/mission, the one when u find yourself a couple of miles underground and are roaming around which seems like and endless network of rooms that appear to be exactly the same, almost like Osama Bin Laden's Tora Bora cave network. This wasn't what i was here to write about but i thought i would to waste sum time and it leads me onto the subject i was actually going to discuss.

I took a break from playin Halo for about a week and it was today that i decided to pick up the hefty xbox controller and have another blast at it.

I just wanted to outline the fact of how complete and utterely annoying them little crawling things are that appear under that rainy jungle place. You know the bit where u pick up one of them eye recorder things and watch a Blair witch type of Documentary.

Anyway....these aren't the things that annoy me most it's them freaky resident evil type zombie things that seem to have a crooked neck. Also the worst has to be them fish looking things that have somehow purchased themselves sum handy bondage whips.
it really p****d me off when they kept pouncing on me and trying to force my head up their slimy a*ses.

The most annoying bit had to be when that stupid little blue floating light thing had to come along and entice me into that strange place that had loads of big scrotam sack things that blew up. The thing that really hacked me off was when the Blue light left me on my own next to a locked door with no where to go but to get whipped up by loads of fishes that had a fetish for bondage.

Just thought i would give my thoughts on the bondage fetish fishes and it would be nice to hear from anyone else that got really annoyed by them strange creatures, because i certainly did.

l8ters....
Thu 04/04/02 at 17:56
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
You mean the flood. And that annoying level with 343 guilty spark the blue thing was the library! I hated that level the most. I prefer to fight covenant! Meele attacks are god when those little sack things jump at you. When you get those resident evil guys, its good to use a shotgun, the spread fire helps a lot!!!
Thu 04/04/02 at 14:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mantis wrote:
> I agree, I thought the Libary was the weekest of all Halo's levels. It got a
> bit repetative going up all them floors.

I thought it was the weakest level aswell. But playing it again on normal was ok, better than the first time I played the level. Still the weakest level.

My fav levels so far in no particular order are 2,4,5,8. Then the next best levels in no particular order are 1,9,10 and then 6,7 are the weakest.
Wed 03/04/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I agree, I thought the Libary was the weekest of all Halo's levels. It got a bit repetative going up all them floors.

I quite like the flood however. They are easier to kill than the covenant if you keep moving and they make a welcome change.

As for the scrotum sacs, I always melee(use the but of the gun) attack on them when they leap at you. That should sort them out.
Wed 03/04/02 at 09:16
Regular
"Wobble"
savatt1668 wrote:
> I know its legendary, but I really wish
> the marines could be a bit better on this setting because it makes saving them a
> bit pointless when they get wiped out so easily.

Yeah, know what you mean. The AI ain't all it was cracked up to be. Seems great in the first few levels, but when things start getting difficult later on, the holes in the AI show up glaringly.

Just before you meet up with the Monitor thingy, you meet a unit of about 10 marines, and you think "Yeah, cool! reinforcements!" Then you start moving foward and they're wiped out in minutes.

Must be based on US troops! :-)
Wed 03/04/02 at 01:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Basically its a case of running around the rooms trying to get to higher ground again. I don't think your supposed to get accross the flickering light bridge. However, you do turn one on and get accross to get out after messing around.

Use the dead bodies of the flood to keep track of where you've been. Look for an area on fire, this should have some box like platforms to get up. Also, its hard to explain but do you remember the rooms where you have an upper level with a glass structure in the middle with like 4 paths going out of it towards doors ? On one you can jump on a couple of boxes and at first it will seem like you can't get to the upper level.

However, if you look carefully you'll notice the path dips down at a certain point. Jump up at this part of the path and you'll be on the upper level.

This probably sounds confusing, sorry but its just hard to explain it. :-)
Wed 03/04/02 at 01:23
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Silent85 wrote:
> I am stuck on this bit where it tells you to escape and the part with the
> flickering bridge where do I go once those annoying creatures come at ya

It's all really confusing on this bit. I know the exact bit u mean, it is soooo annoying, because i kept on trying to leg it over the light bridge but after a few steps it fades away, which then leaves u back in the place u started and u have to leg it back around and get back up to the light bridge area. To be honest i cannot remember how i did it, i jus' ran around like a headless chicken hoping for the best and eventually i found my way out, i died many times before finding a way out.
It got really frustrating, and i am very glad that i have completed that section. Sorry i can't give u any real assistance, but i can tell u that running over the light bridge is hopeless to start with but eventually i sum how got over it, i may have killed an enemy that was turning it off or sumthing i cant really remember, it was all a frantic rush at the time, cos i had loads of little creatures munching on me.
Wed 03/04/02 at 00:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
One thing that suprised me with the Flood is the what seems to be unchanging difficulty of them. I played the game on legendary and the Flood were really no harder to take on than in earlier difficulty settings. The Covenant however are a real pain in the damn backside !

I know its legendary, but I really wish the marines could be a bit better on this setting because it makes saving them a bit pointless when they get wiped out so easily. The Covenant become a lot stronger and just kill them in seconds. One really pointless mission on this difficulty setting is when you have to search for survivors just after landing on Halo. You find them, then 5 seconds later their cannon fodder.

This game seems to best enjoyed on the normal difficulty setting when you can really enjoy the feeling of being part of a half decent squad rather than just legging it over the hills past a dozen dead bodies that were once your buddies.
Tue 02/04/02 at 16:09
Regular
"BOSE"
i aint exactly sure what you're stuck on. but if you tell me the level names i can help you out cause i've completed the game
Tue 02/04/02 at 13:42
I am stuck on this bit where it tells you to escape and the part with the flickering bridge where do I go once those annoying creatures come at ya
Tue 02/04/02 at 13:19
Regular
"Wobble"
He's not spamming - I know exactly what he means.

It's where you first encounter The Flood aliens, and it's damned annoying - the whole game suddenly becomes exponentially more difficult. Those "scrotum sacks" are very, very annoying.

This part of the game is also extremely repetitive, with section after section seemingly being played in the same location. I was glad to see the back of this part of the game, because it really peed me off.

And now I have to fight back out the way I came in. I've loved it up til now, but it could become very boring, very quickly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.