GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TimeSplitters 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Fri 18/10/02 at 17:46
Regular
Played the coverdisc demo from OPS2M the other day. Loved it.

Bought the Xbox version today. Identical, graphically. Might actually take it back tomorrow and swap for the PS2 version, because the Xbox controller is giving me bloody hand cramps!
Sat 02/11/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
I think Time Splitters 2 came out WAY to early when Time Splitters 1 was released. They could've waited a little longer. TS 1/2 is a really hectic
game, M-Kay.
Tue 29/10/02 at 19:19
"period drama"
Anyone tried the level in Arcade League - Honary Leugue where you have to fight the hands in the Nightclub.
This is blummin' impossible - you start with some pissdy handgun and by the time you get a Tommy Gun most of your heath has gone; you kill 2 hands, then you aree dead!
And they expect you to get 40 kills!
Fools!
Tue 29/10/02 at 16:07
Regular
J-42 wrote:
> I think TS2 should have been a PS2 exclusive, cause TS came out PS2.

Well I think that TS2 should've been a Gamecube exclusive because it stems from Goldeneye on the N64. :-P

Afterall, the original Timesplitters was just a rushed experiment while waiting for the PROPER hardware to be released! ;-P

(Just joking, by the way, incase some of you failed to see the little :-P's!)
Sun 27/10/02 at 19:34
I would of waited longer if it had online play and still would of been happy
Sat 26/10/02 at 20:43
Regular
Assault is amazing, if only it was online, but i spose i will have to make do with 3 mates, it would be class though if the other 11 bots were online players rather than computer controlled....well...bots.
Sat 26/10/02 at 16:11
Regular
This is killing me! Its almost as bad as it was with Final Fantasy 10, though thankfully its not as long! TimeSplitters 2 is sat at home, and has been there for over a week now, and I still won't be able to touch it until next Friday :(

I`m doing my absolute best not to read any plot spoilers or hints and tips, as I really want to enter into this game without any knowledge of what to expect.

There are three plus points though -

1) It gives my brother a chance to get good at it, whilst he plays it at home. This means that when I get back we could have some really challenging matches together!

2) With TimeSplitters 2 out of the way, I can concentrate on Burnout 2, which is nearly complete. It would be nice to get that finished before moving onto something new.

3) I do have lots of work to do before our "reading week" so its probably best that there aren`t any life consuming games around here at the moment :D
Sat 26/10/02 at 15:08
"period drama"
Yeah - the training ground. You can man the guns outside the building and shoot people down, they don't know what's hit them.

Cheers Wookie, I just kept walking past that corridor down to the 2nd lift - didn't even know it existed!
Sat 26/10/02 at 14:56
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
That level is called the Training Ground, I think. This is one of the best multi-player levels.
Sat 26/10/02 at 13:55
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Hey guys, i really could do with some help. I played the PS2 version yesterday round my mates house and wondered if you could tell me what this level is called. The only way i can describe it is like this : It's got a huge waterfall and there are two bases, i played it on arcade mode. There are some massive guns that can be controlled through the cameras aswell. I really hope you can help me out. Thanks.
Thu 24/10/02 at 23:49
"High polygon count"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> How THE HELL do you esacpe from the space station on the last level
> (last objective, easy mode) I've tried everything but can't find a way
> out.

I take it you have activated the three computer consoles to start the self-destruct?

Head down to Level 3 and look for a door labelled "Hangar". Go throughand head down the corridor to the next door. Go to the elevator and get down to Level 4.

Turn right and go forward into Section 1. You should see some armour, plasma grenades and an environment suit in a locker - take them all. Turn round and head down the long corridor.

There are some computer monitors alomg the way, where you can get a look at your eventual escape vehicle in the hangar. There's eventually a door that doesn't open automatically - activate it and head into the airlock, turning around to kill any enemies that follow you in. The opposite door will open, and you can go out into space - so make sure you have the environment suit.

Head forward on ther outer hull and you'll get a new mission - destroy the incoming TimeSplitters ships. Head for the cannon and start blasting - you have unlimited ammo on Easy. You need to destroy 20 ships, I think.

Head back inside and go forward until you reach the lift on the left, and head down the corridor. You should find armour and a minigun. Turn left and go down the next corridor. When you reach the lift, head down.

At the bottom, head over to the spacecraft, and you're done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.