GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Breaking news: Wookiee uses his Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Sat 19/10/02 at 13:51
Regular
Not that you care, but I bought TimeSplitters 2 for the Xbox yesterday, after playing the demo of the PS2 version last week.

Great game. I did consider changing it for the PS2 version, because to be honest, I prefer the DualShock2 controller - but decided against it.

But still... there you go.

That's all.
Sun 20/10/02 at 23:10
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Mantis wrote:
> Why is the GC version better?
>
> I'd like to know that, too.
>
> I played the demo of the PS2 version, and bought the Xbox version -
> and they both look and play identical - fast, smooth, and fun. What
> difference is there supposedly with the GC version?

I've no idea either.
It's just what all the websites seem to say...

It would help explain the 2 week delay as well.
Sun 20/10/02 at 11:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Only 7 hours Tribute ? ;-) I have a habit of getting up early then playing litteraly all day - going well into the next morning. ;-))

Ok thats sad but I've grown up doing it so its like a habit for me to completely cain games for hours. ;-))
Sun 20/10/02 at 10:35
Regular
I actually quite want this game, i might get it soon.

Also the "Xbox pad"/"Xbox controller S" should marry to FPS games, They are totally suited to each other :P
Sun 20/10/02 at 10:23
Regular
"Festivus!"
Mantis wrote:
>
> I heard someone say it runs the best, but I played TP2 on my Xbox
> today for FIVE HOURS STRAIGHT(yep, its that good)

Measuring it by time spent playing non-stop? I was on Mario for 7 hours on a Friday and 7 hours on the next day, then my Mum stopped me playing for a bit :(
Sun 20/10/02 at 10:20
Regular
"Festivus!"
People think that there is going to be 'extras', with them being ex - rare people themselves.. Heres hoping.
Sun 20/10/02 at 01:52
"High polygon count"
Mantis wrote:

I'd like to know that, too.

I played the demo of the PS2 version, and bought the Xbox version - and they both look and play identical - fast, smooth, and fun. What difference is there supposedly with the GC version?
Sun 20/10/02 at 01:29
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whats your favourite level Mantis ? I've been playing all day. ;-)) My fave level has to be the Wild West. ;-) Like using the double Tommy guns in Chicago too. ;-)

I've been playing the arcade area and that gets bloody frustrating ! There are 2 levels in particular that I'm losing my rag with - one is the rocket launcher fight where you have to be the gladiator in a fight as a robot. You have somthing like 4 - 5 mins or something to score 40 kills which only register when your the gladiator. Of course once you are, every sod takes you out as quickly as possible.
The other one is controlling fat tony against a team of ducks. Within a few minutes, using a shot gun, you have to score 60 kills - ARGH !
Bloody annoying.

Other than that, its an excellent game. :-) I've earned things like the monkey assistant game and I have characters like the gingerbread man and snowman. ;-))

Just a moment ago, me and my cousin played a team deathmatch consisting of 3 seperate teams. We both chose to control monkeys. ;-))
Never gets old seeing a monkey gunning people down with an assault rifle. ;-))
Gotta love the cavalry charge music in monkey assistant too. ;-))
Sun 20/10/02 at 01:20
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
er-no wrote:

> TimeSplitters2 is best on the GC, so I will get that.

I'll happily take the 16 player option on X-Box. The game runs fine so I'm happy with the X-Box version. ;-)
Sat 19/10/02 at 21:46
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Why is the GC version better?

I heard someone say it runs the best, but I played TP2 on my Xbox today for FIVE HOURS STRAIGHT(yep, its that good) and I didn't notice one drop in framerate, one judder or graphical glitch. Its a smooth as they come.

The Xbox controller is best for FPSers (wookies view aside :P) and the xbox hard drive means you can create as many custom maps as your heart desires without having to worry if they pesky 8meg memory card is full. The xbox version also support system link for 16 players.

Anywhoo, TS2 is great. The original was 100% pure crap, the second, thanks largly to the objective levels now is what it always should have been. A must buy and probably one of the best value games ever coz of all those challanges and extras.
Sat 19/10/02 at 19:26
Regular
Splinter Cell, BLiNX and Morrowind - can't wait for these. Espionage, Cutesy and free-roaming - it's all good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.