GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I feel like a mug"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 21:02
Regular
My house is worth around £300, 000. It is fairly small.
Then, in Turkey, you can buy a 20 bedroom hotel for 300, 000, complete with swimming pool.

Well, I'm off to Turkey...
Mon 21/10/02 at 11:47
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
YH, I aint on the property ladder. I'm renting. It's the only way I can afford it, and I can barely do that.

The trouble with oxford is that it's a direct commuter route to london, and it has the heritage, so cityfolk move here to avoid london prices. that forces the prices up because of the demand, and the people who live here because they grew up here are being forced out.

House prices have to fall. It looks unlikely at the moment, but they do. starter homes around here are over the budget of everyone but the career folk nowadays - the 1 bed i'm in at the mo is 95k, and we are 13 miles from the city center. The average couple buying a first house cannot afford it.

It seems the only way to get a place around here is to become illiterate, lose your job and have 4 kids.
Mon 21/10/02 at 11:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm moving to Spain

Much better and cheap houses

Britain is really, really, really crap.

Although I can only move when I retire or something because I can't speak Spanish

Ola
Mon 21/10/02 at 11:37
Regular
Slave, I hate to tell you this, but house prices won't fall.

Look at the facts:

We live on an Island - Therefore limited space.
The population is slowly rising.
People want bigger houses (generally).
Less people live in a house now than they did 40 years ago - i.e you would have three generations living in the same house, Grandparents, parents and children. Now, you sometimes have two houses for one family where parents have split up etc.

All this points to the fact that house prices will rise. Supply and demand etc. Nothing the government can do about it. While people are prepared to pay silly money to buy a house, people will charge silly money.

The price rise may slow, but I doubt prices will fall, at least not by much.

Think yourself lucky, at least you're on the property ladder. When I graduate next summer prices will have gone up even more, and there's no way I'll be able to afford my own place...
Mon 21/10/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
House prices have to fall soon. Me and the missus are priced out of the market now, and it's not as if we have bad jobs or anything, it's just prices are too high.

Oxford is the worst place to be in britain. the prices are the same p/sqfoot as london, but at least in london the wages accomodate for this.

this country sucks. I blame our useless guvernment.
Mon 21/10/02 at 00:30
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Gasmask your mean! I just realized what your tagline meant because I tried it out. Meanie!

"runs to mommy"
Mon 21/10/02 at 00:28
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Hercules! wrote:
> My house is probably worth about 10,000.
>
> Its pants.
>
> :-D

Lol..

Pants house :o)

Sell your house and buy a hotel..

Actually, Turkey is silly :o)
Mon 21/10/02 at 00:05
Regular
i take it you live in the south. things arent too bad up north, you can get a 5 bedroom decent sized house with a large garden and 2 garages for about £120,000, still ridiculous when you consider only 40+ years ago you could buy a house for under a grand. I also feel like a mug. personally i wanna live in the med, cheap, cheerful, baking hot and chilled out to the max. whoever thought up siestas was a god damn genius......
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:55
Regular
""
Well I feel like a cup... how do ya do... a winner me!
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:26
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I suggest you sell your house and buy 60,000 £5 coins.
Sun 20/10/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Hmmm....."
My house is probably worth about 10,000.

Its pants.

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.