GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not finishing games you buy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 22:42
Regular
Although I don't play on my PS2 constantly I do enjoy when I do and normally buy the "big" new releases. Unfortunately I seem to get bored and have so far only finished one of my games, MGS2. Why do I wonder from game to game when obviously the whole point to a game is to complete and beat it?? Are any of you the same??
Tue 22/10/02 at 04:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Mattastic wrote:
> Although I don't play on my PS2 constantly I do enjoy when I do and
> normally buy the "big" new releases. Unfortunately I seem to
> get bored and have so far only finished one of my games, MGS2. Why do
> I wonder from game to game when obviously the whole point to a game is
> to complete and beat it?? Are any of you the same??

Define 'finished' for me. By 'finished' do you mean you've got to the end of the storyline, or do you mean 'completed' as in you've unlocked every area, character, weapon, item, and collected all the dogtags that there are to collect on every difficulty level?

In that sense, I've finished most of my games (Gran Turismo is definitely one that's going to take a long time to complete though, because I can only get some of the rarer cars by doing the endurance races over and over and over and over and...you get my drift).

The only game out of my entire collection of 32 PS2 games that I've totally 'completed' is, erm, Britney's Dance Beat. But I've finished most of them.
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:35
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Apparently it's because the disc slips.
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:31
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
i have it lanscape an it does occasionally do that but jst wen dust gets in there
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Do you have your PS2 horizontal? If you do then has it ever not read a disc?
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:23
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
same its really annoyin
Mon 21/10/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I hate stuff like that!
Mon 21/10/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
thats another exception but its cause it has a software prob on the third island it wont let u save an i dicovered too late,so i cant take it back
Mon 21/10/02 at 21:48
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Have you completed GTA 3 100%?
Mon 21/10/02 at 21:45
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
ive com every game exept crash badicoot(my mom bought it instead of the bond game)
Mon 21/10/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I have completed some of my games, not 100%, but i just play till i get bored.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.