GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slimline PS3..?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/07 at 23:01
"keep a rockin'"
My thought about the ps3 is that sooner or later they will change the model into a smaller or slimmer one or perhaps change the design or software yet still call it a ps3 in the next year....sony can be unpredictable yet sometimes pull some neat stuff. But what a shame it would be if someone was to buy a ps3 to discover the next week that they are realeasing a better version....=D ( and i dont mean in Gb )
Tue 04/12/07 at 12:17
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It's all to do with making the contents of the machine smaller but still capable of doing the same job.
Usually takes a few years of development before this is possible so don't expect a slimer ps3 for a few years yet - as history shows though they do quite like making slim consoles that do seem to still sell well.

I heard a wee rumour that they are working on a new console or an addition to the PS2/PS3 that would give it a very similar control system to the wii. Have yet to see any proof on it though....
Mon 03/12/07 at 21:41
Regular
"Captain to you."
I might be wrong but doesn't the PS3 not have a power brick? and isn't that the reason that the ps3 is quite heavy for a console as it's all inside it.

If they were to create a slim ps3 it's very likely that they would have to move the brick outside the box. I think it's far to early for a redesign, they are already going through more versions than a new console really should do, as the changes they have made were so obvious before release imo they really funked up.

The 40gig version is a good move but if that had been the first version they would probably be a lot higher in current sales charts. Although churning out some more games wouldn't hurt(same goes for wii)
Mon 03/12/07 at 01:14
Regular
Next we'll have a Silver version...then a pink version!!!

Game will then offer you the chance to have a half price pink version if you trade in your silver or black versions... (never mind you paid full priuce for your original identical system...)
Sun 02/12/07 at 23:45
Regular
"Mooching around"
We already have the White PS3 released, Sony might be wanting to push their gimmicks after the slow start.
Sun 02/12/07 at 21:53
"possibly impossible"
Yes, but in a year at the least, so you've got nothing to worry about yet. How long was it before the released a slim PS2? Ages after the launch.

And yes, there are some decent PS3 games, maybe not 90% material (though I personally think Drake's Fortune is), but damn close.
Sun 02/12/07 at 21:49
Regular
Its perfectly logical - after all, there's even suggestion that Sony are going to release an even smaller version of PS2...

As technology ages, its possibly to recreate it in smaller formats - and after Sony re-released PSOne and PS2 and PSP, I think it would be hard to find a 'slimline' PS3 to be a suprise...
Sat 01/12/07 at 22:20
"keep a rockin'"
well think about it....

They introduced the slimline ps2 didn't they ?
Sat 01/12/07 at 17:19
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
how could there be a smaller 1
Sat 01/12/07 at 13:43
"keep a rockin'"
Chaos wrote:

> I just wouldn't trust a price like that lol

to be honest i dont think i would either

the wii is the normal price on that website and the 360 is aswell so maybe they made a mistake
Sat 01/12/07 at 13:00
Regular
"Mooching around"
Right now, I can't see any decent exlusive games for any of the "next gen" consoles... So at that price, I really wouldn't mind getting one!

I just wouldn't trust a price like that lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.