GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blade 2..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 22:14
Regular
First of all, a little justification for putting this topic in the PS2 forum - If I put it elsewhere, its unlikely to get intelligent responses. Also, I`d probably forget I posted it. On top of that, the movie should be coming to DVD sometime, which makes it a future PS2 related product.

Anyway, to the point, this movie rocks! Completely! Its easily the best movie I`ve seen this year, and probably for a long time before as well. As a massive Star Wars fan, there`s usually nothing that comes close to The Empire Strikes Back in my view, but Blade 2 is right up there amongst my favourite movies now!

I`ve decided not to go and see it at the cinema again, though I was very tempted. Partly its the money thing - the cinema ain`t cheap - but also that it`ll make the DVD even better when its released. I`ll be keeping an eye on SR`s DVD release list, thats for sure.

Without giving any plot points away, I can tell you that it basically follows on from the original movie, with a few years passed in between. There is now a new threat... and the coolest man/vampire on the planet is there to stop them.

Apologies to those of you here that are under 18, obviously you won`t be going to see it ;-) but for the rest of you, I highly recommend it.
Mon 01/04/02 at 11:01
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
yep KR and this is what it says..

Marvel's moody vampire hunter returns. First PS2 screenshots and game details.

Activision has officially confirmed that it is developing a sequel to its action-adventure game Blade. Aptly titled Blade 2, the game will be released on the Sony PlayStation2 and the Microsoft Xbox. In the game, players once again assume the role of the vampire hunter Blade as he attempts to keep the vampire nation from creating an all-new form of super-vampire known as a reaper. Blade 2 is being developed by UK-based Mucky Foot, and it will feature a multidirectional fighting system that will allow players to quickly engage and dispose of enemies when they are attacked from all sides.

'Blade 2 takes Marvel's vampire hunter and puts him in an entirely new adventure,' said Larry Goldberg, executive vice president of Activision Worldwide Studios. 'The advanced technology of the Xbox and PlayStation2 enables us to expand the Blade experience and provide fans with a brand-new storyline, advanced combat manoeuvres, and all-new special effects.'

Blade 2 for the PlayStation2 and the Xbox will be released in 2002.

Cant wait!
Sun 31/03/02 at 23:25
Regular
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> that shud read..

*if what KR says is true..*

etc etc

www.gamespot.co.uk
Sun 31/03/02 at 19:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I thought the first film was great if not spectacular, I should be going to see no.2 in a couple of weeks and I can't wait, it looks far much better than the origanal.
Sun 31/03/02 at 19:39
Regular
"That's right!"
Or†ega wrote:
> Hmmmm...

First impressions are that it isnt as good as the first film. But
> first impressions aint always the correct ones. I can never properly jusdge a
> film until I have seen them at least twice. I didnt actually like the original
> till the 3rd time I had seen it.

---------

Same here, I thought it was "OK", nothing special

Saw it again, still just alright

Saw it loads when they played it on Sky Premier like every day, and I really got into it

Going to see Blade 2 soon

As for under 18s, I was 15 and passing for 18 so I'm pretty sure, unless they're law abiding freaks, a lot of underage people will see it
Sun 31/03/02 at 19:35
Regular
Hmmmm...

First impressions are that it isnt as good as the first film. But first impressions aint always the correct ones. I can never properly jusdge a film until I have seen them at least twice. I didnt actually like the original till the 3rd time I had seen it.
Sun 31/03/02 at 11:31
Regular
cheers for that. i'm going to see it now.
Sun 31/03/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
a brief outline of the Blade 2 Game is at:

http://ps2.gamezone.com/gamesell/p17415.htm
Sun 31/03/02 at 09:58
Regular
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Sølidus Snake wrote:
> ok thanx. so it looks like i'll be renting
> blade out soon.

You're as well buying it. What's it gonna cost you to
> rent it? 2.50? You can get it for 8 quid on DVD.

And since you'll probably
> love it and want to see it again, you're better off buying.

Your choice
> though of course (but if you don't buy it I'll personally beat you to death with
> an iron bar). Still, your choice. :-D

--------------------------------

Well I dont have enough money to buy it, i only have enough to rent it out (almost).
Sun 31/03/02 at 02:27
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
that shud read..

*if what KR says is true..*

etc etc
Sun 31/03/02 at 02:25
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Treguard wrote:
> I have seen the first one and it is well worth purchasing but this second one
> got a few bad reviews in the mail and sun, but as i sed these reviews were in
> the mail and the sun. Tabloid reporters! u can't live with them and it illegal
> to murder them

trust me.. watch this film.. it rocks.

and if what KR is true, I hope the game lives up to expectations..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.