GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 2 - Substance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance'.
Tue 22/10/02 at 11:17
Regular
Who's Gettin' it? I know I am. It'll kick @$$, Raiden on the Tanker, Snake on the Plant, Skateboarding and the return of the Tux!
Wed 23/10/02 at 19:33
"period drama"
No skateboarding I'm afraid....

I really don't wnat to get this, it's just a cheap money-making scam.
But I will.
I know I will.
So will everyone else.
We're all feeble-minded easily-manipulated cash cows. They'll milk us all with their flashy games.

My udders hurt : )
Wed 23/10/02 at 19:53
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bond, James Bond wrote:
One thing i dont like about substance Vr missions, is the level
> design. all of the walls etc look unfinished, they too cardboard to be
> MGS 2, if you know what i mean!

Thats because the V(Virtual) R(Reality) missions. If you played the first MGS game you'll see that they use the same sort of effect. Seeing as its VR they wouldnt want these missions looking the same as the main game.
Wed 23/10/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
WickedWare wrote:
> Do you think it's best to get the original version over this? Have
> they messed with parts of the game that were better in the original?

I think the original game is still there in full. I believe it's a double sided DVD - one side for Sons of Liberty and one side for Substance.

And I'm pretty sure that you DO get skateboarding. Although it was initially said to be false, I think that the MGS team allowed the Skating game team to have Snake as a hidden character if they could have the big shell level for Substance.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:19
adrian wrote:
Thats because the V(Virtual) R(Reality) missions. If you played the
first MGS game you'll see that they use the same sort of effect.
Seeing as its VR they wouldnt want these missions looking the same as
the main game.

Yeah, thats all very well and good, but they still look rubbish, they could at least of added the squares with the flashy bits like in MGS VR Missions for PS1, it'd look like, 10X better if they did that.

Kastro, all I know is it comes out in Spring (according to my mates magazine)!
Wed 23/10/02 at 21:26
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
When does MGS:S come out?
Wed 23/10/02 at 21:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
March according to OPS2.

Skateboarding IS in the game as far as I know. Originally people thought it was just taken from a skateboarding game by Konami, but they've just used what that game achieved to add a mini game to MGS2.
Thu 24/10/02 at 17:42
Thank god 4 that
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:07
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
the most appealing thing is defiently the new snake missions.
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:15
It's good for those who haven't bought MGS2 yet, but for the rest of us - it's just a rip off! Although marketing will persuade loads of people to get it. Which is good for the industry, I suppose, as MGS3 might have a bigger budget then.
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
it is a kind of rip off but is sounds ok to boro or somin.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.