GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favorite Director?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 21:43
Regular
Simple this.

I'll start the ball rolling by saying David Fincher. He's done 3 films (that count), and all of them have rocked.
Sun 31/03/02 at 23:57
Regular
Mr. Happy wrote:
> Didn't Burton do a biopic of Ed Wood?

I still haven't seen that.. I can only
> buy it on VHS though and I know that as soon as i do it'll come out on DVD. Such
> is life.

It was on TV a while back, i'd never heard of the guy but I really enjoyed the film. May have to pick up Plan 9 on DVD sometime.
Sun 31/03/02 at 23:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bradman wrote:
> Ridley Scott is probably my favourite director at the moment - Gladitator, Black
> Hawk Down, Blade Runner and Alien are all very well directed films IMO.

I'd probably say Ridley Scott is one of my favourite directors if just for Gladiator, but Hannibal was a great dissapointment for me. Not his best work.
Sun 31/03/02 at 23:37
Ridley Scott is probably my favourite director at the moment - Gladitator, Black Hawk Down, Blade Runner and Alien are all very well directed films IMO.
Sun 31/03/02 at 20:38
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Votta - Read my orginal post, and it will say 'all 3 of his films that
> count'.

Fincher doesn't count Alien 3, so nor do I.

Why does he not count it? Because it's crap? Isn't that a bit out of order? Anyone could say that. You could say then, that Spielberg has done nothing but good films. Disregard Duel, Poltergeist (which was truly dismal) and a few others, and it just leaves him with great films. :-D
Sun 31/03/02 at 20:35
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
unknown kernel wrote:
> To all the people who are undecided over Hitchcock: don't judge him by The
> Birds! I'm not a great fan of that film, or Psycho for that matter. Watch
> North By Northwest for a truly brilliant thriller. Others I'd recommend are
> Vertigo, Rear Window and, my own favourite, Notorious. And every one of them
> available for about three pence each.

North By North West does rule I must admit. James Mason is da man! And the scene where Cary Grant is bidding for the various items for security to come and remove him is great.

I've seen bits and pieces of Vertigo and I didn't really like it. Rear Window was pretty poor in my opinion. Sure Hitchcock may have made it very good for what it was, but it revolved around a man who could do nothing but look out a window. Not the greatest idea in my books. :-D
Sun 31/03/02 at 11:18
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Quentin Tarantino
Sun 31/03/02 at 08:50
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Votta - Read my orginal post, and it will say 'all 3 of his films that count'.

Fincher doesn't count Alien 3, so nor do I.

The Game rocked, just because of its sheer originality. I didn't like Seven as much as I should have, because the VHS has been floating about our house for years, and I had already seen all of it at various points.

I really enjoyed Fight Club. Yes, it did rely on a twist too much, but it was one of those films that doesn't answer any of the questions it poses. And it had Jared Leto in.
Sun 31/03/02 at 05:01
Regular
"relocated"
To all the people who are undecided over Hitchcock: don't judge him by The Birds! I'm not a great fan of that film, or Psycho for that matter. Watch North By Northwest for a truly brilliant thriller. Others I'd recommend are Vertigo, Rear Window and, my own favourite, Notorious. And every one of them available for about three pence each.
Sun 31/03/02 at 00:47
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Mr. Happy wrote:

Yeah. It's
> called 'Ed Wood' :-D

I thought that name rang a bell :-D
Sun 31/03/02 at 00:44
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Mr. Happy wrote:

Yeah. It's called 'Ed Wood' :-D

It isn't bad. If I remember correctly it's Johnny Depp and Martin Landau. There are parts that are funny but overall I wasn't too impressed.

Possibly the funniest part involves a dead octupus. If it was even alive in the first place tht is. It could have been a model. Oh I can't remember. It's been a long time since I saw it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.