GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For all those "Sales" lovers out there....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 19:50
Regular
www.computerandvideogames.com

Xbox sales on the rise :)

"After only two weeks ahead of Xbox following the launch of Mario Sunshine, GameCube sales have dropped in the UK, while Xbox enjoys a healthy surge. For the week ending October 19, GameCube clocked up a figure of 5,662 unit sales - a drop of seven percent on the previous week - whereas Xbox shifted 7,319 units over the same period - an increase of 20 percent.
The rise in Xbox sales can be accounted for by the recent cheap packages being offered by UK retailers like Argos and Dixons, but with its flagship triple-AAA Mario title only out for two weeks, the figure must be of great concern to Nintendo. With PS2 miles out in front, the race is on for the crucial second place spot in the next-gen console race and on current form Microsoft is favourite.

How Nintendo will respond to these figures remains to be seen, but the company may be compelled towards slashing the price of hardware in the run up to the crucial Christmas period in order to compete.

This brings the 2002 figures to date to 218,421 GameCube units compared with 215,818 for Xbox, with Microsoft's console well on track to having a larger installed user base than Nintendo by the end of the year. PS2 notched up sales of 23,451 last week, with GBA enjoying an increase of 14 percent at 9,730."
Tue 29/10/02 at 22:25
that is a sad fact we will get fanboys saying "you had to steal our games etc
Tue 29/10/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
It could highlight the fact this was a PS2 game shoved onto xbox.
Mon 28/10/02 at 12:34
Cheers
Mon 28/10/02 at 01:46
Regular
It's Codec.
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:23
cant remember it seems right written and CODEC but I kinda remember them saying CODAC
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:17
Regular
Good point but I think they will change it for the Xbox. What they mean is that there will be no new stories running through the CODEC messages. Is it CODEC or CODAC? I remember it being CODEC but I could be wrong :)
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I wrote:
> MGS Sunbsatance

whoops
Sun 27/10/02 at 22:09
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Oh I was wondering about this.

In a MGS Sunbsatance preview on gamespot or something, it said NO new codac dialoge was going to be recorded which means the new Snake mission codac screens will be read only.

But

At points in SOL the cournal says "push the select button go get your codac up" And "press circle to kick" etc. The xbox controller doesn't have these buttons so there will be confusion. How are konami going to get around this aswell as configuring Snake to move well with the xbox controller.

???
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:34
dont really bother me that much
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:01
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Okay, fair enough - slightly different to what I heard, but still -
> never mind.
>
> Wouldn't seem to make much sense though, as they still release in
> Japan on PS2.
>
> Probably a combination of the two in the case of Xbox?

Yes you are probably right. The truth will lie in-between the two stories somewhere. Still can't wait to play it over here though :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.