GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Inverted Racism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/03/02 at 21:02
Regular
Normally racism is seen as whites to blacks, or Christianity to Islam or whatever. Basically humans are using colour, religion and race to be extremely crappy to each other. Stereotypically it’s whites to blacks but that’s not all ways the case.

I’ve been a victim of racism and so has every other white person in my form at school. There’s this one girl who is black. She is in fact in a minority of one but no one comments on it. No one and I mean NO ONE has ever said anything nasty to her concerning her colour. One day though, I walked past her and for no reason whatsoever she slapped me around the face and kneed me in the groin. As I writhed on the floor in agony she said “Stop stalking me.” I just thought, “You utter b***h, you stupid, senseless w***e” I had done nothing to her, just walked past her. Naturally I followed her around for the rest of the day to annoy her, but that’s another story for another time.

Another time (a week later actually) she was annoying me so much that I called her a b***h. At this she looked incredibly shocked and called me a racist. All the rest of the girls rallied round her and started calling me a racist. All the boys however took to my side as they had the sense to see that I was not being racist whatsoever.

Over the rest of the day most of the girls finally came to their senses and admitted that I had not said anything racist in the slightest. And it all ended happily.

But this rather large incident got me thinking. Why does she think that that was racist? I mean I insult everyone who annoys me. I made no special case for her. So why did she think that?

Well I’ve talked about it with my friends and came to this conclusion.

Because she’s in a black minority, she feels victimised. She herself can do no wrong but anything anyone says that goes against her is seen by her as us victimising and bullying her. She feels that she is protected by her colour and so she can think what she likes and if we go against her it will be racism.

Think about this, it may be confusing what I’ve just said, but try and wrap your head round it.

She thinks that because she’s black everyone is out to get her. Basically she thinks that no one is allowed to insult her as it will be racism. In a way that is inverted racism. It would be fine by her if she was being insulted by someone else of the same colour but because we both have different coloured skin, she feels that anything I say I say because she’s black.

She’s in a way being racist towards me. In believing that no one can say anything to her because she’s black she’s placing herself in a bracket above anyone else who isn’t black.

This really ticks me off. It’s not just me who has this opinion, it’s all my friends and a hell of a lot of other people in my form.

We had the equal rights for blacks marches and I fully agree with them. Just because they don’t have the same coloured skin it doesn’t mean they’re not people, they deserve to have every privilege that everyone else has. But in a way they have more. Everyone is so keen to prove that they are not racist they go out of their way to make sure they’re not seen as a racist. But by doing this they are giving minorities more rights and privileges.

I just feel that this is not right. It’s inverted racism towards whites, in this case anyway. Why can’t everyone be treated EQUALLY, instead of whites having more rights or blacks having more rights. It’s ridiculous and it is also RACIST. I think the key word in “Equal rights for blacks” is EQUAL. Not more rights, not less rights but equal rights. Why can’t we do do that? It’s not that hard.

RBS
Fri 29/03/02 at 13:40
Regular
Newsflash!

Ethnic groups are complaining to the BBC that there are not enough black people on TV. The BBC are to respond by showing Crimewatch 5 times a week....
Fri 29/03/02 at 12:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
BIGMAN wrote:
> or a nipple cripple ( turst me they hurt )

--

I'm not going to argue.

:D
Fri 29/03/02 at 11:46
Regular
inverted sexism is just as bad. Women saying i was employed by someone to do heavy lifting and he sacked me, when he found out that i was heavily pregnant. This blatantly isn't sexism. If the russian womens power lifting chammpion and the weakest, nerdiest man in britain both applied for this job who would get it. It wasn't her sex which led to her being fired it was her suitability to the job. I wouldn't complain that i can't get a job as a super model because im not the right sex, if your going to do a job you should be right for it. If anything the employer should be suing her for wasting his time by taking the job when knowing she wasn't up for it.
Fri 29/03/02 at 11:40
Regular
i presume everyone has seen rush hour. When they go in the pool hall and the black guy (was it chris tucker) goes "yo! my niggger (ggg to get round filter) to another black guy" they kind of smile at each other and this is totally friendly. Jackie chan as a foreigner assumes this is a traditional greeting says it too and they start on him. How come the same word can be used by both groups but percieved so differently. Black people in films often say some thing like "little white boy" when talking about a white man and this is construed as poking fun not racism when its clearly the same.
Fri 29/03/02 at 11:20
Regular
"One More Chance"
Ahh, are you now Punctual at all of your lessons incase it happens again? Or dont you really care about some thing similar happening?
Thu 28/03/02 at 21:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
Jetster wrote:
> It really ticks me off that as some other person has said (yes I know I will
> just be repeating it) that if a Black peson says something racist to a white
> person (they have words for us just like some people say the N word for them) it
> will not be taken as seriously as if a white person said something to a black
> person.

Yup, 'isses me off big time.

By the by being kneed in the balls herts a hell of alot dont it? Why did
> no one help you?

Because I was late going to a lesson so no one was around.
Thu 28/03/02 at 21:41
RastaBillySkank wrote:

Naturally I followed her around for the
> rest of the day to annoy her, but that’s another story for another
> time.

:-D
Thu 28/03/02 at 21:41
Regular
"One More Chance"
It really ticks me off that as some other person has said (yes I know I will just be repeating it) that if a Black peson says something racist to a white person (they have words for us just like some people say the N word for them) it will not be taken as seriously as if a white person said something to a black person. By the by being kneed in the balls herts a hell of alot dont it? Why did no one help you?
Thu 28/03/02 at 21:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
Gabbo wrote:
Isn’t this
> racist that black people can get away with making these comments?

Yup.

It's mainly because blacks are seen as the minority and whites as the majority, so people think of it as blacks standing up for themselves against whites bullying.

Damn it annoys me.
Thu 28/03/02 at 21:23
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
From my relatively short life, most of the racism I have seen has been from black people directed at whites. The problem with that is, black people would call me racist for saying that, stating that I’m just holding them to stereotypical images that are perceived with coloured people.

This really annoys me though because I’m not racist in the slightest, but I say it because I can remember what some famous, female singer said once. This is what she said, ‘I don’t want any white people to listen to my music.’ This was quite a small incident at the time but just imagine if someone like Liam Gallagher said the exact same thing aimed at blacks. There would be a national outcry and lynching mob would have been scrambled seconds after he made the comment.

Isn’t this racist that black people can get away with making these comments?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.