GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Inverted Racism"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/03/02 at 21:02
Regular
Normally racism is seen as whites to blacks, or Christianity to Islam or whatever. Basically humans are using colour, religion and race to be extremely crappy to each other. Stereotypically it’s whites to blacks but that’s not all ways the case.

I’ve been a victim of racism and so has every other white person in my form at school. There’s this one girl who is black. She is in fact in a minority of one but no one comments on it. No one and I mean NO ONE has ever said anything nasty to her concerning her colour. One day though, I walked past her and for no reason whatsoever she slapped me around the face and kneed me in the groin. As I writhed on the floor in agony she said “Stop stalking me.” I just thought, “You utter b***h, you stupid, senseless w***e” I had done nothing to her, just walked past her. Naturally I followed her around for the rest of the day to annoy her, but that’s another story for another time.

Another time (a week later actually) she was annoying me so much that I called her a b***h. At this she looked incredibly shocked and called me a racist. All the rest of the girls rallied round her and started calling me a racist. All the boys however took to my side as they had the sense to see that I was not being racist whatsoever.

Over the rest of the day most of the girls finally came to their senses and admitted that I had not said anything racist in the slightest. And it all ended happily.

But this rather large incident got me thinking. Why does she think that that was racist? I mean I insult everyone who annoys me. I made no special case for her. So why did she think that?

Well I’ve talked about it with my friends and came to this conclusion.

Because she’s in a black minority, she feels victimised. She herself can do no wrong but anything anyone says that goes against her is seen by her as us victimising and bullying her. She feels that she is protected by her colour and so she can think what she likes and if we go against her it will be racism.

Think about this, it may be confusing what I’ve just said, but try and wrap your head round it.

She thinks that because she’s black everyone is out to get her. Basically she thinks that no one is allowed to insult her as it will be racism. In a way that is inverted racism. It would be fine by her if she was being insulted by someone else of the same colour but because we both have different coloured skin, she feels that anything I say I say because she’s black.

She’s in a way being racist towards me. In believing that no one can say anything to her because she’s black she’s placing herself in a bracket above anyone else who isn’t black.

This really ticks me off. It’s not just me who has this opinion, it’s all my friends and a hell of a lot of other people in my form.

We had the equal rights for blacks marches and I fully agree with them. Just because they don’t have the same coloured skin it doesn’t mean they’re not people, they deserve to have every privilege that everyone else has. But in a way they have more. Everyone is so keen to prove that they are not racist they go out of their way to make sure they’re not seen as a racist. But by doing this they are giving minorities more rights and privileges.

I just feel that this is not right. It’s inverted racism towards whites, in this case anyway. Why can’t everyone be treated EQUALLY, instead of whites having more rights or blacks having more rights. It’s ridiculous and it is also RACIST. I think the key word in “Equal rights for blacks” is EQUAL. Not more rights, not less rights but equal rights. Why can’t we do do that? It’s not that hard.

RBS
Tue 02/04/02 at 14:54
Has anyone seen those 'Lenny Henry in Pieces' programs? A particular sketch comes to mind in which he uses his colour to get a job which he is blatantly not suited to (e.g. appearing as a baby for a nappy advert).

I think he did that to poke fun at the whole 'racism' thing, and i wish other people could do the same.
Sun 31/03/02 at 12:45
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Thats not the only way to keep your dad on the floor last night...

Lol!
Sat 30/03/02 at 21:58
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Thats not the only way to keep your dad on the floor last night...
Sat 30/03/02 at 19:04
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
hey if u watch the fresh prince of bel-air youll see that everyone is black and whenever there is a white person they always take the mick out of them. for example: in an episode where ashly becomes a popstar and everyone wants her aughtograph all of the black people get their whatever sighned but when a white person comes will tells her to "get a tan". who cares if you have a tan or not why didnt they just sign her whatever. it makes me sick.oh and before i forget, ortegas joke had my dad on the floor laughing all night. (hes the kind of guy that hates all of the immigrants and stuff, not saying that all blacks are immigrants before you start to complain).
Sat 30/03/02 at 18:55
Regular
"You've upset me"
Pantoffel wrote:
> RastaBillySkank, did you and this girl actually 'make up' then? I sure as hell
> wouldn't have forgiven her, whether she was white or black.

Nope, just ignore her now.
Sat 30/03/02 at 10:05
RastaBillySkank, did you and this girl actually 'make up' then? I sure as hell wouldn't have forgiven her, whether she was white or black. Some good points raised there though, like the equality factor. I don't treat a black person any different than I would to a white person. If a white person says hello, I reply back with hello, if a black person says hello, I reply back with hello. If a white person insults me, I'll insult him back, If a black person insults me, I'll insult him back. I don't see why we should go out of our way to prove that we're not rasists, when black's aren't doing anything or the sort to whites in most cases. But then remember this, we really have a stereotypical overview of the subject of racism, as we don't see what goes on over the world every second of every day, so we have to really do some guess work.
Sat 30/03/02 at 09:55
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
hey congrats to rastabillyskank for becoming the top poster of all time. clap clap.
Fri 29/03/02 at 18:57
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
From American History X...

"All this stuff about making things equal, its not that simple. Now you've got this book, Native Son. What happened to the other books on the corse? Now you gotta trade in great books for not as good black books?"

Talking about my job. I got two black guys on my squad now who got thier job over a couple of white guys who actually scored higher on the test. Does that make sense? Everything's equal now, but I got two guys watching my back responsible for my life who arn't as good. They only got the job because they were black, not because they were the best"
Fri 29/03/02 at 16:08
Or†ega wrote:
> Newsflash!

Ethnic groups are complaining to the BBC that there are not
> enough black people on TV. The BBC are to respond by showing Crimewatch 5 times
> a week....

Very funny and because it's true, it's not racist!
Fri 29/03/02 at 15:36
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Or†ega wrote:
> Newsflash!

Ethnic groups are complaining to the BBC that there are not
> enough black people on TV. The BBC are to respond by showing Crimewatch 5 times
> a week....

LMAO!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.