GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will there ever be another add-on to Half-Life."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/03/02 at 19:32
Regular
Half-Life is such a good game, I play it all the time. I have Opposing Force and Blueshift. I would be great if sierra bring out another Half-life add-on. Does anybody know if there ever will be another.
Wed 17/04/02 at 16:00
"slightlyshortertagl"
you gotta surf around for the best MODs around normally made by crazy freaks who call themselves freelance developers..

www.Download.com

is a good place to start
Wed 17/04/02 at 12:12
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yeah I subscribe to PCG too, the best PC mag around. Anyway there was nothing about TF2 in the May issue I got through the week, but I have been thinking, what if valve are pulling the same stunt 3D realms are. Like what they doing with Duke Nukem Forever.

Basically having a game in development for so long only giving out bits and bats of info every now and again to keep peoples intrest. Its the same thing which happened to Max Payne. Whatever the case I hope valve tell us soon what exactly is happening with the game because I think Team Fortress is one of the best online games I own, and the sequal looks even better.
Tue 16/04/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well, the next PCG is due out 10th May, but I'll get it a few days before because I subscribe :D . If there is anything I'll tell you, but they didn't mention it in the May issue. We'll see soon enough anyway.
*Starts sitting by the letterbox*
Tue 16/04/02 at 13:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I read in PCGamer that Valve are supposed to be releasing info on TF2 soon, but I think its just a rumour. I too wish they would release the damn thing because it looks like a great online shooter.
Mon 15/04/02 at 18:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I wish VALVe would either release some proof of TFC2's existance, or tell everyone they've canned it. This 'all quiet on the TFC front' buisness is starting to worry me.
Mon 15/04/02 at 17:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The lack of Team Fotress 2 has put me off the hopes I've had for half life 2. That games been in development for years, I fear HL2 will do the same. Anyway the best mod I play for HL is Day of Defeat. Its so addictive.
Mon 15/04/02 at 16:43
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
auf deutsch wrote:
> I always thought Seirra could make a Mod with you playing a black op,
> but I think they're focussing on Half Life 2 especially now...

pfft. As long as HL 2 dosn't turn out to be like TFC2, I mean, is this game really in existance? or have they really scrapped it and not told anyone? I know from the lack of news, which one seems more likely.

My advice, is try They Hunger Trilogy. They were very good single player, best I've seen in a while. For multiplayer try CS and DoD
Thu 11/04/02 at 16:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I remember there was an add-on for quake called 'Quake Rally' and that belive it or not had you racing around in rally cars. It wasn't an official add-on though, you could download it for free.

If there is a similar type of mini game planned for half life, I doubt it will be a official add-on that they will sell. It too will more than likely be a free downloadable.
Wed 10/04/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I heard of a new expansion pack that envolves you racing in cars!!??? :S
Doesn't sound like Half-Life to me! I reckon the person who told me this has probably got confused with something else - but then again, you never know...

And it was a simple racer, not a Mario Kart-style 'beat-up your mates' karts' kinda thing. I think this wouldn't sell that well, and many people would just stick the FPS games.
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:48
Regular
Slippers wrote:
> u should check out Poke 646. Its well good, i think its better than all the
> normal Single Player HL games and it has better graphics.

Yeah, Poke 646 is good, the reason being it's more intresting and different storyline and the new guns (all the guns are new, there are about about 8-10 of them)

If you want a mod, try buying PC Gamer as the come with loads of mods for half life which are quite often a whole load better than the official ones.

I always thought Seirra could make a Mod with you playing a black op, but I think they're focussing on Half Life 2 especially now...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.