GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Play Gamecube in Toys 'r' us"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/03/02 at 10:37
Regular
When I was going in to toys r us to pre-order my gamecube I noticed that a new games section had been added. Bigger than the rest. It was the Nintendo gamecube with people hovering around trying to play. But the coolest thing there was a timer saying how many days, hours, minutes and seconds left. When playing it I had made up my mind. Nintendo Gamecube is the best. Has anyone else been to Toys r us and played on it. What do you think of the display and the console?
Sun 31/03/02 at 16:10
he spammed in that 33days to go one
Sun 31/03/02 at 16:09
Regular
"Whatever!"
I must plan a trip to Toys 'R' US pretty soon!!
Regular
"hit the road jack"
why is this gpotter uk guy banned from ere?
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Yo jc, how you doing, I played on it yesterday it's great !
Sun 31/03/02 at 16:08
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Hi, they have a cube in One step beyond (norwich's discount games shop) with luigis mansion on it. the effects are brill and anyone will tell you that if they have been on it.
Shame it was in jap.
Sat 30/03/02 at 20:21
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
I was in there the day they were setting the thing up in my local Toys R Us store, and I even saw them taking the thing out of the box!! I stood and watched as they plugged the countdown timer in and switched it on...a fine moment!

Needless to say, I was the first to play it on our local store, and I was pleasently surprised by several things:

1) The size of the unit. It is bigger than I thought it would be, but yet is still very small.

2) The controller - it's *AMAZING*! Easily the best controller to be developed for many years.

3) The games - wow!

I loved the original Waverace, so that was the first demo I played. It was a bit hard, but I expected that from the reviews I had read. So, I just splashed around a bit. I then went on Star Wars, and had to slap myself to stop myself thinking that I was actually in the film!! Luigi's Mansion was next, and although I wasn't too impressed with the gameplay, it sure looked nice.

Overall it was everything I had expected from the system, plus a little bit more.

The only thing I didn't like was the purple colour - very dull and "washed out"; good job I've bought a black one then eh?!
Thu 28/03/02 at 20:40
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I read in a Toys'r'us advert that with every Gamecube pre order you would get a free carry case thing, just thought I would tell you lot ! :)
Thu 28/03/02 at 20:32
Regular
There wasn't one in my local Toys-R-us when I was in town last weekend...

However, I played one in dixons...

I saw the counters in the shops though.
Thu 28/03/02 at 20:05
EVERYBODY TO TOY'S ARE US!!!!!!!
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:50
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
They also have that tmer in :
EB
HMV
GAME (i think)
Dixons

I saw a gamecube in dixons, and it is smaller that I ever imagined. I just can't wait for may.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.