GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo = rubbish."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 09:44
Regular
I had the misforune to play halo yeaterday i have to say that is without a doubt the worse FPS i've ever ever played.

Though the graphics are good the controlls were fiddly, the eneimies could gun you down before you got near them. Your guns was poo.

I played for a good 10 mins to expeierenced the game and within ten minutes, i know whether a game is any good for not for me. This isn't.

*Me feel an arguement coming on*
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:35
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I had the misfortune of playing Halo for a good 3/4 hours last week... And, personally, I wasn't that impressed.

Graphically, it's nice, very nice and you can see the box really pumping out here, mostly to prvent pop-up and slowdown, but thats where the "good stuff" ends...

Control wise...mmmm, a bit like Q3 on the PS2. Didn't get time to see if there was an option to change you control settings, but I assume you can and in doing so, this would probably improve your gaming experience, but as it is, the controls are totally pants!! It didn't help that the controller was so huge!! and badly designed...

2 player is nice, but that damn irritating teleport is annoying after about 10 minutes of playing, it gets worse in 4 player!!... then you have 8 player... whilst toally amazing to begin with, you do get seriously pi**ed with suddenly being teleported out of a serious fire fight!!

There isn't much new in here for a FPS, most of it has been done before in other titles such as TS, Q3, UT and GoldenEye.

I was dissapointed, this was meant to be the "Top" game for the XBOX, I fail to see why?

I'd like to try in on a network, but apart from that, I probably won't return to it for a while... Back to TimeSplitters for me!!
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:43
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Tyla wrote:
>
I was dissapointed, this was meant to be the
> "Top" game for the XBOX, I fail to see why?

Nah, DOA3's top for the Xbox!
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:46
Regular
"DS..."
Samos wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
>
I was dissapointed, this was meant to be the
>
> "Top" game for the XBOX, I fail to see why?

Nah, DOA3's top for
> the Xbox!

DOA3 is absolute tripe! i played it and it was far too easy, you can win by pressing tha same button for godness sake! the only reason its selling is due to seductive advertising, nothing more, nothing less.
slik ~_~
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:50
I thought Halo was okay, but saying it's the worst FPS ever is sort of misleading, considering the likes of Daikatana and other mediocre FPS games.
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:54
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
What you on about, it's bloody brilliant! Players are realistic and are equipped with class moves.

Easy? Well, it's harder than the one for the PS2.

Some people...
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:55
Regular
I've got Halo and I think it rocks.

Ok, it doesn't add anything amazingly new to the genre, but it takes all the best bits of exsiting games and puts them all together in one spot on game.
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The only X-Box game that appeals to me is wreckless, and it's hardly worth buying a £300 machine for one game.

Come on Sony, release Destruction Derby again!!!!
Wed 27/03/02 at 11:00
Hell, I almost forgot about that franchise. The last version of DD I bought was for the N64.

Glitchy graphics, but great gameplay.
Wed 27/03/02 at 11:02
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I have DD1, DD1 and Raw for the PS1, and they still get a play every not and again...
Wed 27/03/02 at 11:02
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I have DD1, DD2 and Raw for the PS1, and they still get a play every not and again...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.