GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo = rubbish."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 09:44
Regular
I had the misforune to play halo yeaterday i have to say that is without a doubt the worse FPS i've ever ever played.

Though the graphics are good the controlls were fiddly, the eneimies could gun you down before you got near them. Your guns was poo.

I played for a good 10 mins to expeierenced the game and within ten minutes, i know whether a game is any good for not for me. This isn't.

*Me feel an arguement coming on*
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:44
Regular
"I confused?"
I had the misforune to play halo yeaterday i have to say that is without a doubt the worse FPS i've ever ever played.

Though the graphics are good the controlls were fiddly, the eneimies could gun you down before you got near them. Your guns was poo.

I played for a good 10 mins to expeierenced the game and within ten minutes, i know whether a game is any good for not for me. This isn't.

*Me feel an arguement coming on*
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:46
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Best review ever.

"The guns were poo"
"I played for 10 mins so I know"
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:47
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
You played for 10 minutes and you call it crap?!
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:48
Regular
"I confused?"
But as i said if i play for ten minutes then i know if it is game for me.
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:49
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Have you ever completed a game? Or does you're short attention prevent you?
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:52
Regular
"I confused?"
I've completed loads of Games redient evil 1 & 2, dennis on the Amiga, Streets of rage 1 & 2, sonic 1, medal of honour 1&2. the list could go on. i plaued it and it wasn't really to my liking, if i had to go through loads of level using different analogue sticks for looking od moving foward and side stepping it would be very annoying.
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:56
Regular
So you don't use the analgue sticks for FPs on the N64? Or the PS2?

You use the digital pad all the time do you?

Also, the controls are customisible. You can set them up how you want.

But obviously after playing the game for such a long time, you knew that.
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:58
Regular
i must admit i wasn't overly impressed at first. But you can't just give a game ten minutes. Once you get used to the controls you will find that it is pretty enjoyable. It doesn't have the same classic feel of goldeneye or the likes but is still a very good game and I think it is uniformed and unfair of you to criticise it of the back of ten minutes on a console that you are unfamiliar with
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I thought Metal Gear Solid 2 was rubbish.
I read the box and I knew it would be crap.

And the controls are stupid and the whole thing smells like tv
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:03
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
The thing is, it's not designed to be instantly playable like a Football game say. Certainly not in a busy store because the atmosphere isn't right. Especially not with a que of forming behind you, and a 9 year old holding the second pad, pretending he's controlling the enemies coming at you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.